*According to the Washington Post, a sista who’s also a top ranking member of the Secret Service, was responsible for sending 11 agents back home to the US from Colombia after they allegedly solicited prostitutes while preparing for the President’s arrival in Cartagena earlier this month.
But despite supervisor Paula Reid’s best efforts to contain the situation, the sex scandal that splashed across front pages in the U.S. completely overshadowed the agents’ mission at the Summit of the Americas. Interestingly, Reid’s actions to stop the agents’ misdeeds have gone mostly un-reported.
The Post profile describes Reid as a 46-year-old black woman, tall and lean, with a reputation for being “exacting” and “steely.” The 21-year veteran of the Secret Service was recently promoted to head of the agency’s Miami bureau, where she oversees the 150 agents that work throughout South America.
Reid, who was staying at a different hotel in Cartagena at the time of the incident, took swift action to ensure that the agents involved would no longer be responsible for the President’s security during the trip. In accordance with protocol, she contacted Secret Service director Mark Sullivan to ask for permission to remove the agents. The Post notes that while Sullivan made the ultimate decision to send the agents home, it was Reid’s work ethic and focus that ensured the situation was handled appropriately.
“If every boss was Paula Reid, the Secret Service would never have a problem,” one former agent told the Post. Reid is believed to be the highest-ranking black woman in the Secret Service, an agency that has long been dominated by white men. An indefatigable worker, she’s reportedly at her desk by 7 a.m. each day.
Read/learn more at Time.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to his Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here