*Brittney Griner again came up big for Baylor, scoring 26 points and grabbing 13 rebounds to help the Lady Bears cap off an undefeated season with an 80-61 win over Notre Dame in the national championship game Tuesday night.
Baylor became the first team in NCAA history (men’s or women’s) to win 40 games. Even more important to the Lady Bears, the team cut down the nets for the first time since 2005.
For the Fighting Irish (35-4), a second straight trip to the title game ended in heartbreak. They lost 76-70 to Texas A&M last season.
Odyssey Sims chipped in 19 for the Bears, while Destiny Williams added 12.
All season long, both Baylor and Notre Dame have focused on the slogan “Unfinished Business.” Griner & Co. even have wristbands with the phrase on it. Coach Kim Mulkey said the team used the same motto the year the Lady Bears won their only championship.
Baylor is the seventh women’s team to go through a season unbeaten, but the first in the NCAA-era to go 40-0.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here