*BET’s sister network, Centric, is getting on board the Soul Train Cruise as a title sponsor.
Centric is helping steer the iconic show in a new and exciting direction (and destinations) including an extensive cruise promotion on the network, on-board events and co-branding opportunities.
The voyage will sail off from Fr. Lauderdale, Fla. on Feb. 17, 2013.
Performances will include some of R&B’s pioneers like Patti LaBelle, The O’Jays, Kool and the Gang, Jeffrey Osborne, War, The Spinners, Jody Watley, Harold Melvin’s Blue Notes and many more.
“Centric is the current home for both Soul Train’s past and present and there is no more perfect partner to help us carry the legacy of this amazing brand forward with the new cruise,” said Michael Mitchell, Vice President of Strategic Marketing, Partnerships, Cruises and Live Entertainment for Time Life. “Both companies have worked with Don Cornelius over the years and share a deep sense of loss and tremendous gratitude for all he has done.”
After departing from Florida, cruisers will travel to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay before getting back home on Feb. 24.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here