*BET’s sister network, Centric, is getting on board the Soul Train Cruise as a title sponsor.
Centric is helping steer the iconic show in a new and exciting direction (and destinations) including an extensive cruise promotion on the network, on-board events and co-branding opportunities.
The voyage will sail off from Fr. Lauderdale, Fla. on Feb. 17, 2013.
Performances will include some of R&B’s pioneers like Patti LaBelle, The O’Jays, Kool and the Gang, Jeffrey Osborne, War, The Spinners, Jody Watley, Harold Melvin’s Blue Notes and many more.
“Centric is the current home for both Soul Train’s past and present and there is no more perfect partner to help us carry the legacy of this amazing brand forward with the new cruise,” said Michael Mitchell, Vice President of Strategic Marketing, Partnerships, Cruises and Live Entertainment for Time Life. “Both companies have worked with Don Cornelius over the years and share a deep sense of loss and tremendous gratitude for all he has done.”
After departing from Florida, cruisers will travel to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay before getting back home on Feb. 24.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stevie Wonder to Pay Royalties to Dead Attorney's Widow Forever?!
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here