*BET’s sister network, Centric, is getting on board the Soul Train Cruise as a title sponsor.
Centric is helping steer the iconic show in a new and exciting direction (and destinations) including an extensive cruise promotion on the network, on-board events and co-branding opportunities.
The voyage will sail off from Fr. Lauderdale, Fla. on Feb. 17, 2013.
Performances will include some of R&B’s pioneers like Patti LaBelle, The O’Jays, Kool and the Gang, Jeffrey Osborne, War, The Spinners, Jody Watley, Harold Melvin’s Blue Notes and many more.
“Centric is the current home for both Soul Train’s past and present and there is no more perfect partner to help us carry the legacy of this amazing brand forward with the new cruise,” said Michael Mitchell, Vice President of Strategic Marketing, Partnerships, Cruises and Live Entertainment for Time Life. “Both companies have worked with Don Cornelius over the years and share a deep sense of loss and tremendous gratitude for all he has done.”
After departing from Florida, cruisers will travel to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay before getting back home on Feb. 24.
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here