*BET’s sister network, Centric, is getting on board the Soul Train Cruise as a title sponsor.
Centric is helping steer the iconic show in a new and exciting direction (and destinations) including an extensive cruise promotion on the network, on-board events and co-branding opportunities.
The voyage will sail off from Fr. Lauderdale, Fla. on Feb. 17, 2013.
Performances will include some of R&B’s pioneers like Patti LaBelle, The O’Jays, Kool and the Gang, Jeffrey Osborne, War, The Spinners, Jody Watley, Harold Melvin’s Blue Notes and many more.
“Centric is the current home for both Soul Train’s past and present and there is no more perfect partner to help us carry the legacy of this amazing brand forward with the new cruise,” said Michael Mitchell, Vice President of Strategic Marketing, Partnerships, Cruises and Live Entertainment for Time Life. “Both companies have worked with Don Cornelius over the years and share a deep sense of loss and tremendous gratitude for all he has done.”
After departing from Florida, cruisers will travel to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay before getting back home on Feb. 24.
- Celebs You Wish You Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here