It was her first interview since Whitney Houston’s death.
Although she’s proud of her girl, the mourning mother said her daughter was in a good place at her death.
“I’m very proud of my daughter; she accomplished a whole lot in the short time that she was here,” Cissy said, “She’s not broke. She’s not anything, none of that crap.”
“The media are awful. People have come from here and there, [and they] don’t know what they’re talking about. People I haven’t seen in 20 years…. Here they come, [they] think they know everything, but that’s not true,” she said. “They really chopped on her, chopped on her…kept, kept, kept.”
Overall, however, the matriarch of the family has no regrets about how she raised Whitney and that she made her proud, despite the dark days.
“I don’t blame myself, I know I did the best I could for everything.”
By the way, Cissy has returned to her gospel roots, and is back to singing. The Grammy Award winning songstress is ready to debut her newest song, “Walk On By Faith,” and she shared some of the song’s very personal lyrics during her interview.
“You can’t see in the future, you can’t see through dark clouds. You can’t see all the pitfalls, so walk on by faith each day.”
Watch the interview:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Mystery Surrounds South African Child in Chris Rock’s Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here