*Donald Glover is playing musical chairs within NBC’s Thursday night lineup.
The “Community” star guest star on 30 Rock’s live episode as a younger version of Tracy Morgan’s eccentric character, Tracy Jordan, an NBC spokesperson confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Donald does an excellent Tracy Morgan-slash-Jordan impression,” “30 Rock” Executive Producer Robert Carlock tells TVLine.com, who broke the news.
With the casting, Glover will be pulling off a homecoming. He wrote for “30 Rock” for three years before joining “Community.” In fact, this also won’t be the first time he has stood in for Morgan. Apparently, he did the vocals on an extended version of the season one jingle, “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.”
“I don’t think you can tell,” Carlock says. “It’s pretty remarkable. All the spoken stuff is Donald doing Tracy.”
This also wouldn’t be the first time “30 Rock” switched actors during a live episode. During the first one in 2010, Julia Louis-Dreyfus stood in for Tina Fey’s Liz Lemon.
The live episode of “30 Rock” airs on Thursday, April 26 at 8:30 p.m. on NBC.
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here