*Donald Glover is playing musical chairs within NBC’s Thursday night lineup.
The “Community” star guest star on 30 Rock’s live episode as a younger version of Tracy Morgan’s eccentric character, Tracy Jordan, an NBC spokesperson confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Donald does an excellent Tracy Morgan-slash-Jordan impression,” “30 Rock” Executive Producer Robert Carlock tells TVLine.com, who broke the news.
With the casting, Glover will be pulling off a homecoming. He wrote for “30 Rock” for three years before joining “Community.” In fact, this also won’t be the first time he has stood in for Morgan. Apparently, he did the vocals on an extended version of the season one jingle, “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.”
“I don’t think you can tell,” Carlock says. “It’s pretty remarkable. All the spoken stuff is Donald doing Tracy.”
This also wouldn’t be the first time “30 Rock” switched actors during a live episode. During the first one in 2010, Julia Louis-Dreyfus stood in for Tina Fey’s Liz Lemon.
The live episode of “30 Rock” airs on Thursday, April 26 at 8:30 p.m. on NBC.
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here