*Donald Glover is playing musical chairs within NBC’s Thursday night lineup.
The “Community” star guest star on 30 Rock’s live episode as a younger version of Tracy Morgan’s eccentric character, Tracy Jordan, an NBC spokesperson confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Donald does an excellent Tracy Morgan-slash-Jordan impression,” “30 Rock” Executive Producer Robert Carlock tells TVLine.com, who broke the news.
With the casting, Glover will be pulling off a homecoming. He wrote for “30 Rock” for three years before joining “Community.” In fact, this also won’t be the first time he has stood in for Morgan. Apparently, he did the vocals on an extended version of the season one jingle, “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.”
“I don’t think you can tell,” Carlock says. “It’s pretty remarkable. All the spoken stuff is Donald doing Tracy.”
This also wouldn’t be the first time “30 Rock” switched actors during a live episode. During the first one in 2010, Julia Louis-Dreyfus stood in for Tina Fey’s Liz Lemon.
The live episode of “30 Rock” airs on Thursday, April 26 at 8:30 p.m. on NBC.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here