*Donald Glover is playing musical chairs within NBC’s Thursday night lineup.
The “Community” star guest star on 30 Rock’s live episode as a younger version of Tracy Morgan’s eccentric character, Tracy Jordan, an NBC spokesperson confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Donald does an excellent Tracy Morgan-slash-Jordan impression,” “30 Rock” Executive Producer Robert Carlock tells TVLine.com, who broke the news.
With the casting, Glover will be pulling off a homecoming. He wrote for “30 Rock” for three years before joining “Community.” In fact, this also won’t be the first time he has stood in for Morgan. Apparently, he did the vocals on an extended version of the season one jingle, “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.”
“I don’t think you can tell,” Carlock says. “It’s pretty remarkable. All the spoken stuff is Donald doing Tracy.”
This also wouldn’t be the first time “30 Rock” switched actors during a live episode. During the first one in 2010, Julia Louis-Dreyfus stood in for Tina Fey’s Liz Lemon.
The live episode of “30 Rock” airs on Thursday, April 26 at 8:30 p.m. on NBC.
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here