*Fans of the new Fox drama “Touch” learned the hard way that Danny Glover’s co-starring run was only temporary.
Last Thursday’s episode ended with Glover’s character, Prof. Arthur Teller, slumped over his car’s steering wheel, dead under mysterious circumstances. Series creator Tim Kring confirms to TV Guide that the actor had signed on to only appear in the show’s first six episodes.
“We had him for six episodes, and he appeared in five out of the six,” Kring said, adding the network and studio made sure never to promote the fact that Glover’s appearance was limited.
“This has been a long time in the making. He was the kind of character that runs its course eventually,” Kring says, calling Teller the show’s “Yoda character” — the character who knows more than your lead character (Kiefer Sutherland), and who either becomes too convenient, “or you go to him and he knows all the answers,” taking away some of the drama.
By last week’s episode, Teller seemed to be moving closer to unlocking the mystery of a number pattern that has perplexed him for years, and more recently has been channeled through Jake (David Mazouz), the mute son of Sutherland’s character, Martin Bohm.
“Now we will be rolling out a mythology that will deal with who is interested in someone like Jake, and who would want to do some harm,” Kring says. “That becomes the big engine that raises the stakes.”
“Touch” airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here