*LOS ANGELES – Comedian and activist Dick Gregory will be the keynote speaker at the 12th annual KJLH-FM Women’s Health Forum’s (WHF) Wellness Village Saturday, April 28, at 1:15 p.m. at the Los Angeles Convention Center (1201 S. Figueroa St., Downtown Los Angeles, West Hall).
Themed “An Oasis of Alternative Healing”, this year’s Wellness Village will focus on alternative and holistic health options for women, including free yoga classes, massages, dynamic stretching tutorials, belly dancing classes, reflexology, acupuncture, detox demonstrations, and an introduction to herbology. Panel discussions include The Wellness Way (10:50 a.m.) and Alternative vs. Western Medicine (11:50 a.m).
The KJLH Women’s Health Forum and the Wellness Village are free to attend and being hosted by KJLH Front Page show host Dominique DiPrima and the Lifewell Institute from 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Room 502AB). For more information, log onto kjlhradio.com.
About Dick Gregory
After disclosing in 2001 that he had been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, Dick Gregory, refused traditional medical treatment, including chemotherapy. He choose instead to undergo an alternative regimen consisting of a special diet, vitamins, exercise, and modern devices, which ultimately resulted in Gregory being cancer-free today. Mr. Gregory has spent a great deal of his life sharing the wisdom of his experience and about the virtues of a vegan raw food diet for health and disease prevention, with a comic twist that is exclusive and unique to the Gregory style.
About the 2012 KJLH Women’s Health Forum
KJLH-FM will host their 12th annual Women’s Health Forum (WHF) Saturday, April 28, from 8:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Los Angeles Convention Center (1201 S. Figueroa St., Downtown Los Angeles). A free women’s health conference, the KJLH WHF will focus on the health of minority women, specifically nutrition, fitness, diabetes, cancer prevention, supplements, and skincare with free workshops, exercise classes, boxing and Zumba demonstrations, and health screenings. The WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks will sign autographs special surprise guests will join KJLH on-air personalities Dominique DiPrima, Nautica De La Cruz, Tammy Mack, and Kevin Nash throughout the day. The WHF will conclude with a fashion show and show giveaway featuring KJLH’s Adai Lamar from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. For more information, including a complete schedule of events, please log onto kjlhradio.com or call (310) 330-2200.
The 12th annual KJLH WHF is sponsored in part by: the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, County of Los Angeles Department of Family and Children Services, New Image Dental, Charles Drew University’s Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health at California Medical Center, BlackAtlas.com, and American Airlines.
For more information, please log onto kjlhradio.com.
Owned by Stevie Wonder’s Taxi Productions, KJLH is the leading broadcast radio station for African-Americans and urban consumers in Southern California and is the Los Angeles home of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here