Recently the African Americans community has been an uproar over a series of violent events that have shocked our collective consciousness.
One of which actually happened in 2005 but has since been thrust back upon the media stage. It was the shooting of off-duty Chicago police officer Howard Morgan. A veteran with 20 years of service, he was shot 28 times by uniformed officers in what they say was an act of self-defense, and he was recently sentenced to 40 years in prison because of the events that transpired prior to his shooting.
The officers, three of which were white, alleged Morgan fired upon them first and that they returned fire afterwards. Mr. Morgan had no prior incidents of mental instability, drug use or alcoholism yet it was successfully argued by prosecutors that he just “snapped.”
Radio personality Egypt Sherrod of Atlanta’s V103 recently interviewed Morgan’s spouse, Rosalind. Before you listen to the interview, we have to warn you it’s very difficult to listen to for the simple fact that it is future validation of the reality of being a black male in America. In this instance that reality appears to have manifested even if one is trying to enforce the laws of America.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here