In an interview with Singersroom, the R&B veteran bragged about the new project, which will drop June 5.
“I called the album ‘The One’ because I’ve been dreaming, and working towards this goal, pen ultimately, to have my own record label, and then to release my own stuff on that label,” he said. “And this is the one; the one I’ve been dreaming about my whole career and working towards. I’m definitely at the top of my game vocally. And those fans, or kinda fans out there that have maybe liked an Eric Benet song or two but never really purchased an entire album, this is the one they gotta get. If I do say so myself, it’s just a brilliant body of work. It’s quite a statement, and I’m proud that this is my first independent statement creatively.”
He also commented that’s he’s really on the up and up in his career as he’s living the dream with a new label called Jordan House Records.
Check out the full interview at Singersroom.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here