In an interview with Singersroom, the R&B veteran bragged about the new project, which will drop June 5.
“I called the album ‘The One’ because I’ve been dreaming, and working towards this goal, pen ultimately, to have my own record label, and then to release my own stuff on that label,” he said. “And this is the one; the one I’ve been dreaming about my whole career and working towards. I’m definitely at the top of my game vocally. And those fans, or kinda fans out there that have maybe liked an Eric Benet song or two but never really purchased an entire album, this is the one they gotta get. If I do say so myself, it’s just a brilliant body of work. It’s quite a statement, and I’m proud that this is my first independent statement creatively.”
He also commented that’s he’s really on the up and up in his career as he’s living the dream with a new label called Jordan House Records.
Check out the full interview at Singersroom.
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here