In an interview with Singersroom, the R&B veteran bragged about the new project, which will drop June 5.
“I called the album ‘The One’ because I’ve been dreaming, and working towards this goal, pen ultimately, to have my own record label, and then to release my own stuff on that label,” he said. “And this is the one; the one I’ve been dreaming about my whole career and working towards. I’m definitely at the top of my game vocally. And those fans, or kinda fans out there that have maybe liked an Eric Benet song or two but never really purchased an entire album, this is the one they gotta get. If I do say so myself, it’s just a brilliant body of work. It’s quite a statement, and I’m proud that this is my first independent statement creatively.”
He also commented that’s he’s really on the up and up in his career as he’s living the dream with a new label called Jordan House Records.
Check out the full interview at Singersroom.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here