*French women everywhere are outraged today! NOT!
A couple of french men and some right wingers are weighing in on a competition that took place on Saturday that did not include anyone, but french black women.
The competition has left the country in disarray as they attempt U.S. tolerance with this sort of thing, according to one historian.
According to Madame Noire, Patrick Lozès is the President of the French Representative Council of Black Associations and his council gave the full approval for the Miss Black France contest that was held on Saturday. While his council gave approval, he does not believe that the competition is “progressive,” but destructive:
“This logic is detrimental to the values of French society,” he said. “If I think that there are not enough Black people in the most prestigious schools and companies, am I going to go create establishments exclusively reserved for Blacks?”
Uhhhh YEAH! What kind of statement is that? That is the very reason we have historically black colleges and universities (HBCU’s) in America. He went on to say: (more…)
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here