The attorney says it bothers the shooter so much that he’s thinking of apologizing to Trayvon’s family, reports ABC News.
“Understand that George fully well realizes that he was involved in some way in the death of another young man,” lawyer Mark O’Mara told ABC News.
“He does not take the result of that altercation lightly at all. That weighed on him, I would imagine, more than the isolation, more than the last six weeks, more probably than the threat of what is to come in the system,” O’Mara said.
Zimmerman spent his first night in prison in protective custody, where he could be watched at all times. Law enforcement sources told ABC News, the 28 year old “wept quite a bit” at night.
O’Mara suggested that Zimmerman may apologize to Martin’s family.
“What I want to happen is for that conversation to occur directly to the family rather than … in the media through me,” O’Mara said.
Read/learn MORE at ABC News.
Watch this video report from ABC News:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here