*ABC’s “Good Morning America” appears to have snapped NBC’s 16-year “Today” show winning streak in the ratings – but just by a hair.
While “GMA” has beaten “Today” several times, it has not won a full week since December 1995, notes USA Today. Citing preliminary Nielsen ratings, ABC says “GMA” averaged 5.147 million viewers last week, while “Today” had 5.134 million. That’s a difference of merely 13,000 viewers, and the figures are subject to revision on Thursday when final results are released.
Former “Today” host Katie Couric’s guest run on “GMA” two weeks ago wasn’t enough to offset “Today’s” counter-moves, including a Sarah Palin co-hosting stunt and appearances by Meredith Vieira and Ryan Seacrest.
“Today,” meanwhile, still leads by a much larger margin among adults ages 25 to 54, the core target audience for morning news.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Chris Angelo Word and Alfred Torregano's 'Optimal Nutrition': A Life Driven Story
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here