*ABC’s “Good Morning America” appears to have snapped NBC’s 16-year “Today” show winning streak in the ratings – but just by a hair.
While “GMA” has beaten “Today” several times, it has not won a full week since December 1995, notes USA Today. Citing preliminary Nielsen ratings, ABC says “GMA” averaged 5.147 million viewers last week, while “Today” had 5.134 million. That’s a difference of merely 13,000 viewers, and the figures are subject to revision on Thursday when final results are released.
Former “Today” host Katie Couric’s guest run on “GMA” two weeks ago wasn’t enough to offset “Today’s” counter-moves, including a Sarah Palin co-hosting stunt and appearances by Meredith Vieira and Ryan Seacrest.
“Today,” meanwhile, still leads by a much larger margin among adults ages 25 to 54, the core target audience for morning news.
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here