*The Hudson family murder trial is beginning to dig deep in testimonials and evidence.
Prosecutors are forced to present compelling evidence that William Balfour is indeed the killer of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother, and little nephew.
Chicago police Sgt. David Dowling described the gruesome scene, telling the court he found the mother’s body sprawled out in the living room with gunshot wounds through her neck and Jennifer’s brother covered up in his bed.
Balfour, who at the time of the murders, was the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister, Julia, plead not guilty.
Due to the lack of living witnesses, the prosecution is challenged with presenting circumstantial evidence to convict Hudson’s former brother-in-law.
The singer took the witness stand Monday, sharing her testimony in tears.
Tuesday, on the witness stand, Julia described her relationship with Balfour, admitting that days before the slayings she was still sleeping with him.
She told the court he threatened that if she left him, he would kill her family then her.
The murders happened after her birthday. Balfour became enraged when he saw balloons at her home and thought they were from a new boyfriend.
The next morning prosecution alleges he killed Darnell Donerson (the mother), Jason Hudson (brother), and then drove off with little Julian, and later shot him in the head
Today, Wednesday, prosecutors are expected to focus on the youngest victim, 7-year-old Julian King. Tuesday, a police officer described how he initiated a citywide search for the boy, nicknamed Juice Box.
If convicted of at least two of the murder counts, Balfour faces a mandatory life sentence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here