*The Hudson family murder trial is beginning to dig deep in testimonials and evidence.
Prosecutors are forced to present compelling evidence that William Balfour is indeed the killer of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother, and little nephew.
Chicago police Sgt. David Dowling described the gruesome scene, telling the court he found the mother’s body sprawled out in the living room with gunshot wounds through her neck and Jennifer’s brother covered up in his bed.
Balfour, who at the time of the murders, was the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister, Julia, plead not guilty.
Due to the lack of living witnesses, the prosecution is challenged with presenting circumstantial evidence to convict Hudson’s former brother-in-law.
The singer took the witness stand Monday, sharing her testimony in tears.
Tuesday, on the witness stand, Julia described her relationship with Balfour, admitting that days before the slayings she was still sleeping with him.
She told the court he threatened that if she left him, he would kill her family then her.
The murders happened after her birthday. Balfour became enraged when he saw balloons at her home and thought they were from a new boyfriend.
The next morning prosecution alleges he killed Darnell Donerson (the mother), Jason Hudson (brother), and then drove off with little Julian, and later shot him in the head
Today, Wednesday, prosecutors are expected to focus on the youngest victim, 7-year-old Julian King. Tuesday, a police officer described how he initiated a citywide search for the boy, nicknamed Juice Box.
If convicted of at least two of the murder counts, Balfour faces a mandatory life sentence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Donald Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here