*The Hudson family murder trial is beginning to dig deep in testimonials and evidence.
Prosecutors are forced to present compelling evidence that William Balfour is indeed the killer of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother, and little nephew.
Chicago police Sgt. David Dowling described the gruesome scene, telling the court he found the mother’s body sprawled out in the living room with gunshot wounds through her neck and Jennifer’s brother covered up in his bed.
Balfour, who at the time of the murders, was the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister, Julia, plead not guilty.
Due to the lack of living witnesses, the prosecution is challenged with presenting circumstantial evidence to convict Hudson’s former brother-in-law.
The singer took the witness stand Monday, sharing her testimony in tears.
Tuesday, on the witness stand, Julia described her relationship with Balfour, admitting that days before the slayings she was still sleeping with him.
She told the court he threatened that if she left him, he would kill her family then her.
The murders happened after her birthday. Balfour became enraged when he saw balloons at her home and thought they were from a new boyfriend.
The next morning prosecution alleges he killed Darnell Donerson (the mother), Jason Hudson (brother), and then drove off with little Julian, and later shot him in the head
Today, Wednesday, prosecutors are expected to focus on the youngest victim, 7-year-old Julian King. Tuesday, a police officer described how he initiated a citywide search for the boy, nicknamed Juice Box.
If convicted of at least two of the murder counts, Balfour faces a mandatory life sentence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here