*Friday’s testimonies took the Hudson family murder case in a whole different direction when William Balfour’s ex girlfriend said he admitted to the killings to her.
Shonta Cathey told the jury on the day Jennifer Hudson’s three family members were murdered, Balfour showed up at her home at 3 in the afternoon and told her, “Anybody asked, he was there at ten.”
He took it further and told her “They got shot … Her mother and her brother. He said the brother rushed him, and he shot him, and the mother came downstairs and he shot her.”
Cathey told the court her former lover said Hudson’s 7-year-old nephew was outside at the time.
Jennifer was seen in the court shedding tears.
The ex then said when police arrived, she lied for the man she loved because she didn’t want him to get in trouble.
“I was in love with him and I didn’t want him to get in any trouble,” she testified.
Other testimonies pointed to Balfour as the culprit.
Watch a MyFoxChicago video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here