*After the Jacksons wrap their Unity Tour this summer, the siblings are planning a return to the studio to record their first studio album since 1989’s “2300 Jackson Street,” eldest brother Jackie tells Billboard.com.
“That’s what we gotta do — right after the tour, we’re gonna go back into the studio and start recording some new music. I can’t wait,” says Jackson, adding that he has stayed active in the studio over the past two decades, preparing songs for his daughter.
Musically, the project would include “a little bit of today, and also a return to our sound. We’re gonna keep it simple… We can’t shy away from our sound,” said Jackson.
In the meantime, Jackson and his brothers Jermaine, Marlon and Tito will tour the U.S. beginning June 18 in Louisville. Jackson says that the brothers’ individual projects prevented a live trek from happening sooner, but it was something that was always on their minds.
“For many many years, we’ve been saying that we wanted to tour and go out, and sometimes things just don’t happen the way you want them to,” says Jackson. “All of our fans around the world wanted us to tour as well. So we decided to come together and just do it for the fans because they want to see it.”
Rehearsals for the tour kick off on May 1, and Jackson promises a full band and some snappy choreography. “It’s a challenge, because I can’t move like I used to move a long time ago,” says the 60-year-old Jackson, “but it’s time to do it.”
Of course, the absence of Michael Jackson, the superstar member of the Jacksons who died in 2009, will be fresh in Jackson fans’ minds as the Unity tour gets underway. Jackie Jackson says that the upcoming shows will honor their brother’s legacy, with performances of his solo songs being part of a segment of the show that will serve as a tribute to Michael.
“I just wish my brother was here with us so we could do it with him,” says Jackson, “but there is gonna be some planning to dedicate some songs to Michael in the show, and I’m sure his spirit will be in the house when we’re out there performing on the stage.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here