During a profanity-laced interview hosted by actor-director Kevin Smith, the actor took issue with the president’s notion that the wealthy don’t pay enough taxes.
“This whole thing with Obama saying the rich don’t pay their taxes is f—ing bullshit, and I voted for the guy and I’m a Democrat. What a f—ing asshole,” Lovitz told Smith.
“First they say … ‘You can do anything you want. Go for it.’ So then you go for it, and then you make it, and everyone’s like, ‘F— you,’ ” Lovitz said. “[Obama] is the perfect example. He’s amazing. He had nothing … and the guy ends up being at Harvard. He’s the president of the United States. And now he’s like, ‘F— me and everybody who made it like me.’ ”
Lovitz was speaking at his Jon Lovitz Podcast Theatre at Universal CityWalk in Hollywood. The interview was the fourth in a podcast series hosted by Smith called The ABC’s of SNL, where Lovitz tells behind-the-scenes stories of his time as a regular on the late-night hit from 1985-90.
Lovitz said Smith — who clearly didn’t want to join in bashing Obama — was “masquerading as a 99-percenter,” a reference to Occupy Wall Street, a left-wing protest movement that apparently doesn’t impress Lovitz too much.
“Your favorite word is ‘monetize,’ correct?” Lovitz asks Smith. “Monetize this, you c—sucker — and there’s nothing wrong with that. You’re constantly thinking of ways to be creative and make money. So what’s wrong with that?”
Later, as Lovitz’s anti-Obama diatribe kicked into high gear, Smith said: “They’re gonna come in and shut this place down, man. They’re gonna be like: ‘We heard the fourth f—ing episode. You won’t leave Obama alone.’ This is an election year, man … they’re gonna come in and make an example of you, man,” Smith said. “The government can do that. They can take your shit away.”
Just then the lights in the theater went out unexpectedly, and Smith added: “Whoa, what the f— happened? Oooh. The government’s here. They turned the lights off!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here