*”Saturday Night Live” vet Jon Lovitz has taken to Twitter to defend disparaging comments he recently made about President Barack Obama.
During a podcast recorded in January, Lovitz called Obama “a f*cking a**hole” for “saying the rich don’t pay their taxes.” Filmmaker Kevin Smith co-hosted the episode of “The ABC’s of SNL,” which wasn’t released online until last week.
Lovitz sent a series of tweets early Sunday morning defending his comments and lashing out at those who took issue with his criticisms.
Because I criticized the President, it’s news? Last I checked, he’s President, not King! This is America! Freedom of Speech. what’s the bfd?” read one tweet. Another stated, “I never realized the economy was Democratic or Republican… I thought it was business and math.”
In response to one tweet, Lovitz noted that Obama is not the only president he has criticized: “@AstroNerdBoy I have blasted Bush…. in my stand up act.. no one commented on it, though.”
Another tweet directed at the former SNL star read, “This is red meat for conservatives who are trying to prove the whole country hates him, you gave them ammo, they’re using it.” Lovitz shot back at that tweet, saying that he criticized Obama for “lying”: “@BowedOak excuse me… the President is lying… I just pointed it out. It’s not my fault he’s lying.”
Lovitz then linked to the below video of his comments, tweeting: “Here’s the video of what I said about the President… it’s a lot different when you watch it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here