*”Saturday Night Live” vet Jon Lovitz has taken to Twitter to defend disparaging comments he recently made about President Barack Obama.
During a podcast recorded in January, Lovitz called Obama “a f*cking a**hole” for “saying the rich don’t pay their taxes.” Filmmaker Kevin Smith co-hosted the episode of “The ABC’s of SNL,” which wasn’t released online until last week.
Lovitz sent a series of tweets early Sunday morning defending his comments and lashing out at those who took issue with his criticisms.
Because I criticized the President, it’s news? Last I checked, he’s President, not King! This is America! Freedom of Speech. what’s the bfd?” read one tweet. Another stated, “I never realized the economy was Democratic or Republican… I thought it was business and math.”
In response to one tweet, Lovitz noted that Obama is not the only president he has criticized: “@AstroNerdBoy I have blasted Bush…. in my stand up act.. no one commented on it, though.”
Another tweet directed at the former SNL star read, “This is red meat for conservatives who are trying to prove the whole country hates him, you gave them ammo, they’re using it.” Lovitz shot back at that tweet, saying that he criticized Obama for “lying”: “@BowedOak excuse me… the President is lying… I just pointed it out. It’s not my fault he’s lying.”
Lovitz then linked to the below video of his comments, tweeting: “Here’s the video of what I said about the President… it’s a lot different when you watch it.”
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here