*”Saturday Night Live” vet Jon Lovitz has taken to Twitter to defend disparaging comments he recently made about President Barack Obama.
During a podcast recorded in January, Lovitz called Obama “a f*cking a**hole” for “saying the rich don’t pay their taxes.” Filmmaker Kevin Smith co-hosted the episode of “The ABC’s of SNL,” which wasn’t released online until last week.
Lovitz sent a series of tweets early Sunday morning defending his comments and lashing out at those who took issue with his criticisms.
Because I criticized the President, it’s news? Last I checked, he’s President, not King! This is America! Freedom of Speech. what’s the bfd?” read one tweet. Another stated, “I never realized the economy was Democratic or Republican… I thought it was business and math.”
In response to one tweet, Lovitz noted that Obama is not the only president he has criticized: [email protected] I have blasted Bush…. in my stand up act.. no one commented on it, though.”
Another tweet directed at the former SNL star read, “This is red meat for conservatives who are trying to prove the whole country hates him, you gave them ammo, they’re using it.” Lovitz shot back at that tweet, saying that he criticized Obama for “lying”: [email protected] excuse me… the President is lying… I just pointed it out. It’s not my fault he’s lying.”
Lovitz then linked to the below video of his comments, tweeting: “Here’s the video of what I said about the President… it’s a lot different when you watch it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here