*New York, NY – In celebration of the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, premier Christian pilgrimage tour operator Journeys Unlimited and faith-based African-American lifestyle magazine The Positive Community are partnering to present the Ghana Heritage Tour. Taking place from November 9th through 19th 2012, the 9-day tour of Ghana introduces travelers to the country’s culture and Christian history, as well as the Ghana’s modern and ancient ways of life. The educational tour includes a visit to Cape Coast Castle, dubbed “the door of no return,” from which untold numbers of African slaves were shipped to the United States, South America and Caribbean.
“The Ghana Heritage Tour is an important trip for all Americans to take. Ghanaian history and American history are inextricably linked,” said Journeys Unlimited President Nick Mancino. “The experience can be enriching to American visitors on many levels. In addition to learning about Ghana’s past, travelers will marvel at this country’s splendid culture and natural beauty today.”
Along their journey, travelers on the Ghana Heritage Tour visit Kumasi, the cultural heart of Ghana and the home of the Asantehene, the traditional head of the Ashanti people. Here they learn how weavers produce Ghana’s world-famous Kente cloth. Highlights on the Tour also include a visit Kakun National Park (a tropical rain forest with a variety of medicinal plants and trees), a village cocoa farm, the W.E.B. Du Bois Memorial Center for Pan-African Culture and Makola Market, the largest open-air market in Ghana’s capital city of Accra.
The Ghana Heritage tour package, which includes round trip flight and accommodations and all sightseeing and entrance fees, is available for $3,998 per person, based on double occupancy. For more information on the Ghana Heritage Tour, please call: 1-800-486-8359 or visit Journeys Unlimited. .
Journeys Unlimited serves the Church through educational travel programs. Formed in 1990, Journeys has served the Christian community with international tours for churches of all denominations. Originally focusing on Pilgrimages to the Holy Land, the company has since become one of the U.S.’s top tour operators. It now offers both fixed departures and tailor-made quality programs in Ghana, China, Australia, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Italy, England, Germany and Poland.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here