*The disturbing 911 call placed by the sister of Jennifer Hudson moments after finding her mother’s body was released to the news media today.
“Oh my God…. Somebody’s killed my mother,” Julia Hudson says, while a dispatcher attempts to get her to calm down and repeat her address. “She’s on the floor and I see blood coming from her head.”
A judge in Chicago released the tape after a request by the Chicago Tribune, Sun-Times Media and The Associated Press. The tape was played in open court last week during the trial of William Balfour, who is accused of killing the actress’ mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
Prosecutors tried to bar the tape’s release because of the sensitive nature of the case and because the jury has not begun deliberating.
But Cook County Judge Charles Burns noted in his ruling that the jury has been warned not to watch or read news reports about the case. Burns said there’s no evidence Balfour’s due process rights would be harmed.
On the tape, Julia Hudson begs a dispatcher for help after finding her mother shot dead inside the family’s home on Chicago’s South Side. Listen below.
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here