*The disturbing 911 call placed by the sister of Jennifer Hudson moments after finding her mother’s body was released to the news media today.
“Oh my God…. Somebody’s killed my mother,” Julia Hudson says, while a dispatcher attempts to get her to calm down and repeat her address. “She’s on the floor and I see blood coming from her head.”
A judge in Chicago released the tape after a request by the Chicago Tribune, Sun-Times Media and The Associated Press. The tape was played in open court last week during the trial of William Balfour, who is accused of killing the actress’ mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
Prosecutors tried to bar the tape’s release because of the sensitive nature of the case and because the jury has not begun deliberating.
But Cook County Judge Charles Burns noted in his ruling that the jury has been warned not to watch or read news reports about the case. Burns said there’s no evidence Balfour’s due process rights would be harmed.
On the tape, Julia Hudson begs a dispatcher for help after finding her mother shot dead inside the family’s home on Chicago’s South Side. Listen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here