*The disturbing 911 call placed by the sister of Jennifer Hudson moments after finding her mother’s body was released to the news media today.
“Oh my God…. Somebody’s killed my mother,” Julia Hudson says, while a dispatcher attempts to get her to calm down and repeat her address. “She’s on the floor and I see blood coming from her head.”
A judge in Chicago released the tape after a request by the Chicago Tribune, Sun-Times Media and The Associated Press. The tape was played in open court last week during the trial of William Balfour, who is accused of killing the actress’ mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
Prosecutors tried to bar the tape’s release because of the sensitive nature of the case and because the jury has not begun deliberating.
But Cook County Judge Charles Burns noted in his ruling that the jury has been warned not to watch or read news reports about the case. Burns said there’s no evidence Balfour’s due process rights would be harmed.
On the tape, Julia Hudson begs a dispatcher for help after finding her mother shot dead inside the family’s home on Chicago’s South Side. Listen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here