*Following a backlash from the manufacturer of “Theraflu,” Kanye West has decided to drop it as the title of his new single.
The folks behind the over-the-counter flu medication spoke out against the rapper after he hijacked the product name. The song, which finds Ye rapping about falling in love with Kim Kardashian, is now titled “Way Too Cold.”
In a tweet, West said the name change was a “creative decision.”
“I changed the name of the song THERAFLU to WAY TOO COLD and you can buy it now at KANYEWEST.COM,” he tweeted Sunday, providing a link to his official website, where he explains the reason.
Earlier this month, Theraflu manufacturer Novartis got wind of the song and stated, “Novartis Consumer Health in no way endorses or approves of the references or use of the image and likeness of Theraflu in this manner.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Author of Kids Book Showing Happy Slaves Also Had Reservations
- Former Black Panthers Applaud Beyoncé’s Super Bowl Performance
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here