*Following a backlash from the manufacturer of “Theraflu,” Kanye West has decided to drop it as the title of his new single.
The folks behind the over-the-counter flu medication spoke out against the rapper after he hijacked the product name. The song, which finds Ye rapping about falling in love with Kim Kardashian, is now titled “Way Too Cold.”
In a tweet, West said the name change was a “creative decision.”
“I changed the name of the song THERAFLU to WAY TOO COLD and you can buy it now at KANYEWEST.COM,” he tweeted Sunday, providing a link to his official website, where he explains the reason.
Earlier this month, Theraflu manufacturer Novartis got wind of the song and stated, “Novartis Consumer Health in no way endorses or approves of the references or use of the image and likeness of Theraflu in this manner.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here