*Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label will release a new single, “Mercy,” on Friday, April 6, according to a tweet from the Clipse rapper Pusha T. He’s currently working on his official debut album for the Def Jam imprint.
“April 6th is GOOD Friday… “MERCY” drops..” he posted on Twitter.
Def Jam has revealed the single artwork, which confirms that West, Pusha T, Big Sean and 2 Chainz will be on the single.
The G.O.O.D. Friday move — which coincides with the Good Friday holiday this week — was originally started by West in 2010 as a means of promoting his “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” album. Although that G.O.O.D. Friday campaign became a weekly song reveal, Pusha T did not state whether or not “Mercy” was the beginning of a prolonged series.
In December, Big Sean revealed that a long-in-the-works G.O.O.D. Music album was “almost done,” and would feature West, Kid Cudi, CyHi da Prynce, John Legend, Common, Pusha T and Mr. Hudson, among others. The album does not yet have a release date.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here