*Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label will release a new single, “Mercy,” on Friday, April 6, according to a tweet from the Clipse rapper Pusha T. He’s currently working on his official debut album for the Def Jam imprint.
“April 6th is GOOD Friday… “MERCY” drops..” he posted on Twitter.
Def Jam has revealed the single artwork, which confirms that West, Pusha T, Big Sean and 2 Chainz will be on the single.
The G.O.O.D. Friday move — which coincides with the Good Friday holiday this week — was originally started by West in 2010 as a means of promoting his “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” album. Although that G.O.O.D. Friday campaign became a weekly song reveal, Pusha T did not state whether or not “Mercy” was the beginning of a prolonged series.
In December, Big Sean revealed that a long-in-the-works G.O.O.D. Music album was “almost done,” and would feature West, Kid Cudi, CyHi da Prynce, John Legend, Common, Pusha T and Mr. Hudson, among others. The album does not yet have a release date.
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here