*Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label will release a new single, “Mercy,” on Friday, April 6, according to a tweet from the Clipse rapper Pusha T. He’s currently working on his official debut album for the Def Jam imprint.
“April 6th is GOOD Friday… “MERCY” drops..” he posted on Twitter.
Def Jam has revealed the single artwork, which confirms that West, Pusha T, Big Sean and 2 Chainz will be on the single.
The G.O.O.D. Friday move — which coincides with the Good Friday holiday this week — was originally started by West in 2010 as a means of promoting his “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” album. Although that G.O.O.D. Friday campaign became a weekly song reveal, Pusha T did not state whether or not “Mercy” was the beginning of a prolonged series.
In December, Big Sean revealed that a long-in-the-works G.O.O.D. Music album was “almost done,” and would feature West, Kid Cudi, CyHi da Prynce, John Legend, Common, Pusha T and Mr. Hudson, among others. The album does not yet have a release date.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here