*Michelle Obama managed to escape Nickelodeon’s 25th annual Kids’ Choice Awards on Saturday hit with only a splattering of slime, but Halle Berry and Will Smith weren’t so lucky.
The first lady, in attendance with her two daughters Sasha and Malia, presented Taylor Swift with the Big Help Award, which recognized her charity work with flood and natural disaster survivors around the world. Mrs. Obama spoke about the 22-year-old country singer’s ability to top the music charts, stay grounded and recognize the need for help in her community.
“I’ve always wanted to meet you! This is amazing. I’m so honored to be receiving this award from the First Lady of the United States. I’m freaking out,” Swift said upon receiving her award.
As for the slime, host Will Smith opened the ceremony promising a record amount of the show’s trademark green goo. Though some 20 awards are presented at the KCAs, the real suspense isn’t who will take home a “Blimp,” it’s when and on whom the slime will spill.
Halle Berry was the first to get it.
[Scroll down to watch the video.]
She was soon followed by “Twilight” star Taylor Lautner (who won favorite “buttkicker”), “Glee” star Chris Colfer and male singer winner Justin Bieber, who made a surprise appearance and was drenched along with Smith at the end of the show. According to reports, Mrs. Obama was splattered by a few drops while she danced in the audience.
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here