*Michelle Obama managed to escape Nickelodeon’s 25th annual Kids’ Choice Awards on Saturday hit with only a splattering of slime, but Halle Berry and Will Smith weren’t so lucky.
The first lady, in attendance with her two daughters Sasha and Malia, presented Taylor Swift with the Big Help Award, which recognized her charity work with flood and natural disaster survivors around the world. Mrs. Obama spoke about the 22-year-old country singer’s ability to top the music charts, stay grounded and recognize the need for help in her community.
“I’ve always wanted to meet you! This is amazing. I’m so honored to be receiving this award from the First Lady of the United States. I’m freaking out,” Swift said upon receiving her award.
As for the slime, host Will Smith opened the ceremony promising a record amount of the show’s trademark green goo. Though some 20 awards are presented at the KCAs, the real suspense isn’t who will take home a “Blimp,” it’s when and on whom the slime will spill.
Halle Berry was the first to get it.
[Scroll down to watch the video.]
She was soon followed by “Twilight” star Taylor Lautner (who won favorite “buttkicker”), “Glee” star Chris Colfer and male singer winner Justin Bieber, who made a surprise appearance and was drenched along with Smith at the end of the show. According to reports, Mrs. Obama was splattered by a few drops while she danced in the audience.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here