Actually, it was on April Fools’ Day, that GlobalGrind.com’s head man, Russell Simmons played the joke and ‘named’ Keith Olbermann as the new CEO of the website.
Olbermann, who was just fired by Current TV, did not accept the offer, cautioning the acceptance with the fear of having to go vegan.
Global Grind made the announcement on its front page, but followed up with nice reference to April Fools’ Day.
Olbermann tweeted about the announcement on Sunday morning, sharing his vision and that he’ll be including his regular Countdown feature of reading selections by James Thurber could include a remix with Simmons.
Russell Simmons said:
“It gives me great pleasure that Keith will be joining our team and I know that he will make our company better. I think he has has even agreed to go vegan and do yoga with me on a daily basis. Keith is a genius and he will make GlobalGrind bigger than it has ever been.”
But remember, it’s only a joke. And the way Olbermann’s been acting lately, they don’t know how lucky they are that it’s only a joke.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here