Actually, it was on April Fools’ Day, that GlobalGrind.com’s head man, Russell Simmons played the joke and ‘named’ Keith Olbermann as the new CEO of the website.
Olbermann, who was just fired by Current TV, did not accept the offer, cautioning the acceptance with the fear of having to go vegan.
Global Grind made the announcement on its front page, but followed up with nice reference to April Fools’ Day.
Olbermann tweeted about the announcement on Sunday morning, sharing his vision and that he’ll be including his regular Countdown feature of reading selections by James Thurber could include a remix with Simmons.
Russell Simmons said:
“It gives me great pleasure that Keith will be joining our team and I know that he will make our company better. I think he has has even agreed to go vegan and do yoga with me on a daily basis. Keith is a genius and he will make GlobalGrind bigger than it has ever been.”
But remember, it’s only a joke. And the way Olbermann’s been acting lately, they don’t know how lucky they are that it’s only a joke.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here