Actually, it was on April Fools’ Day, that GlobalGrind.com’s head man, Russell Simmons played the joke and ‘named’ Keith Olbermann as the new CEO of the website.
Olbermann, who was just fired by Current TV, did not accept the offer, cautioning the acceptance with the fear of having to go vegan.
Global Grind made the announcement on its front page, but followed up with nice reference to April Fools’ Day.
Olbermann tweeted about the announcement on Sunday morning, sharing his vision and that he’ll be including his regular Countdown feature of reading selections by James Thurber could include a remix with Simmons.
Russell Simmons said:
“It gives me great pleasure that Keith will be joining our team and I know that he will make our company better. I think he has has even agreed to go vegan and do yoga with me on a daily basis. Keith is a genius and he will make GlobalGrind bigger than it has ever been.”
But remember, it’s only a joke. And the way Olbermann’s been acting lately, they don’t know how lucky they are that it’s only a joke.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here