*Pasadena, Calif. – Caree Harper, the attorney for the family of the 19-year-old Citrus college student Kendrec McDade who was who was recently shot and killed by two white Pasadena police officers, says that besides dealing with the grief of the losing their son, they must now raise $10,000 by Sat., April 7th to bury their son, with half of that amount being due by Wed., April 4th.
Kendrec McDade, also known as the Trayvon Martin of the Los Angeles, was fatally shot by Pasadena police on March 24th, after a man called 911 to report he had been robbed by a pair of gunmen. The two officers who arrived on the scene believed that McDade was reaching for a gun and opened fire killing him. No weapon was found on McDade.
Oscar Carillo, the 911 caller whose backpack had been stolen from him, later admitted he lied about the guns in order to get a more urgent police response. He has since been arrested for lying to the police.
However, while questions and accusations fly about the death of McDade, his can’t move forward until they bury their son. In addition to their rising legal fees as they move forward in the pursuit of justice, McDade’s death is unexpected expense that requires them to ask for public help.
A memorial fund has been started at Chase Bank in the name of Kendrec McDade to help pay for the young student’s burial.
Kenneth McDade and Anya Slaughter
Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
Account No. 452408953
Routing No. 322271627
How to Donate
- Go to any Chase Bank and donate to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953)
- Go to your own bank and ask to transfer an amount to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953) at Chase Bank using the routing #322271627
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here