Emotional plea from Kenneth McDade, father of Kendrec McDade on KJLH-FM in Los Angeles
Carson, Calif. – Carson City Councilmember Mike Gipson will lead a rally calling for justice for Trayvon Martin Tuesday, April 3 at 5 p.m. at City Hall. Rally participants include California State Assemblymember Isadore Hall III, Minister Tony Muhammad and members of the Nation of Islam, local area clergy, students, and residents. Over 200 participants are expected to participate in the demonstration in front of City Hall calling for the arrest of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida. In addition, the Councilmember will help collect donations to help bury 19-year-old Kendrec McDade, who was shot and killed in Pasadena on March 24 after a false 911 report. McDade’s family has asked for donations to help cover the unexpected $10,000 cost of burying their son. Carson City Hall is located at 701 East Carson Street.
“My 14-year-old son asked me what I was doing to help Trayvon Martin’s family,” explained Councilmember Mike Gipson. “I tried to explain to my son that I was in California and that the Martin’s were in Florida and he told me that never stopped me before. My son is right.”
Gipson, who lost his 3-year-old son in 1987 in a hit-and-run accident says that he knows the pain of losing a child.
“The driver who killed my son was never caught. I am standing in solidarity with the Martin’s and the rest of America, not as an elected official, but as the father of two sons and as a grandfather.”
In addition to calling for justice for Trayvon Martin, rally participants will also be calling for the immediate repeal of Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.
Not in L.A. and want to Donate?
A memorial fund has been started at Chase Bank in the name of Kendrec McDade to help pay for the young student’s burial.
Kenneth McDade and Anya Slaughter
Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
Account No. 452408953
Routing No. 322271627
How to Donate
- Go to any Chase Bank and donate to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953)
- Go to your own bank and ask to transfer an amount to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953) at Chase Bank using the routing #322271627
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here