Emotional plea from Kenneth McDade, father of Kendrec McDade on KJLH-FM in Los Angeles
Carson, Calif. – Carson City Councilmember Mike Gipson will lead a rally calling for justice for Trayvon Martin Tuesday, April 3 at 5 p.m. at City Hall. Rally participants include California State Assemblymember Isadore Hall III, Minister Tony Muhammad and members of the Nation of Islam, local area clergy, students, and residents. Over 200 participants are expected to participate in the demonstration in front of City Hall calling for the arrest of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida. In addition, the Councilmember will help collect donations to help bury 19-year-old Kendrec McDade, who was shot and killed in Pasadena on March 24 after a false 911 report. McDade’s family has asked for donations to help cover the unexpected $10,000 cost of burying their son. Carson City Hall is located at 701 East Carson Street.
“My 14-year-old son asked me what I was doing to help Trayvon Martin’s family,” explained Councilmember Mike Gipson. “I tried to explain to my son that I was in California and that the Martin’s were in Florida and he told me that never stopped me before. My son is right.”
Gipson, who lost his 3-year-old son in 1987 in a hit-and-run accident says that he knows the pain of losing a child.
“The driver who killed my son was never caught. I am standing in solidarity with the Martin’s and the rest of America, not as an elected official, but as the father of two sons and as a grandfather.”
In addition to calling for justice for Trayvon Martin, rally participants will also be calling for the immediate repeal of Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.
Not in L.A. and want to Donate?
A memorial fund has been started at Chase Bank in the name of Kendrec McDade to help pay for the young student’s burial.
Kenneth McDade and Anya Slaughter
Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
Account No. 452408953
Routing No. 322271627
How to Donate
- Go to any Chase Bank and donate to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953)
- Go to your own bank and ask to transfer an amount to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953) at Chase Bank using the routing #322271627
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here