Emotional plea from Kenneth McDade, father of Kendrec McDade on KJLH-FM in Los Angeles
Carson, Calif. – Carson City Councilmember Mike Gipson will lead a rally calling for justice for Trayvon Martin Tuesday, April 3 at 5 p.m. at City Hall. Rally participants include California State Assemblymember Isadore Hall III, Minister Tony Muhammad and members of the Nation of Islam, local area clergy, students, and residents. Over 200 participants are expected to participate in the demonstration in front of City Hall calling for the arrest of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida. In addition, the Councilmember will help collect donations to help bury 19-year-old Kendrec McDade, who was shot and killed in Pasadena on March 24 after a false 911 report. McDade’s family has asked for donations to help cover the unexpected $10,000 cost of burying their son. Carson City Hall is located at 701 East Carson Street.
“My 14-year-old son asked me what I was doing to help Trayvon Martin’s family,” explained Councilmember Mike Gipson. “I tried to explain to my son that I was in California and that the Martin’s were in Florida and he told me that never stopped me before. My son is right.”
Gipson, who lost his 3-year-old son in 1987 in a hit-and-run accident says that he knows the pain of losing a child.
“The driver who killed my son was never caught. I am standing in solidarity with the Martin’s and the rest of America, not as an elected official, but as the father of two sons and as a grandfather.”
In addition to calling for justice for Trayvon Martin, rally participants will also be calling for the immediate repeal of Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.
Not in L.A. and want to Donate?
A memorial fund has been started at Chase Bank in the name of Kendrec McDade to help pay for the young student’s burial.
Kenneth McDade and Anya Slaughter
Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
Account No. 452408953
Routing No. 322271627
How to Donate
- Go to any Chase Bank and donate to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953)
- Go to your own bank and ask to transfer an amount to the Kendrec McDade Memorial Fund
(Account # 452408953) at Chase Bank using the routing #322271627
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here