*Kim Zolciak’s “Don’t Be Tardy for the Wedding” spinoff drew an average of 1.55 million viewers during its one-hour premiere on Thursday, which means enough people are interested in her relationship with NFL player Kroy Biermann to make the show a hit for Bravo.
Perhaps the strong viewership makes up for a tough shooting schedule that was particularly challenging for Kroy, a professional athlete who had to balance multiple show commitments with keeping up his level of play with the Atlanta Falcons.
“I don’t know how he did it, because I was just doing the show, and he would go to work and come home and then film with me,” Kim told us during interviews for the show. “The day we got married, he had to work all day, so it was crazy. I don’t know how he does what he does.”
The pressure of balancing a reality series and a pro sports career proved too much for NBA star Lamar Odom, who is currently on the inactive list in Dallas after being traded from Los Angeles. E! announced today that he and wife Khloe Kardashian decided to end their E! show “Khloe and Lamar” after this season so that Lamar can “refocus on his NBA career,” a source stated.
Biermann says there is indeed “a lot” of pressure to make sure he doesn’t backslide in his day job and risk being cut from the team – all while fulfilling his on-camera commitments per the “Housewives” contract. However, the Montana-born defensive end says he actually thrives on this type of pressure.
“There’s nothing better than to put yourself in a situation where you have the ability to be as successful as you can be,” he said of the reality shows. “It’s a short-lived situation and you’ve gotta jump on every opportunity that you have and it’s a pretty easy balance. Kim – the only way I can balance it is because of her. She takes care of everything at the house and allows me to go to work stress free.”
Bravo premiered “Don’t Be Tardy for the Wedding” with back-to-back episodes, drawing 1.4 million for the 9 p.m. airing with 691,000 in the ad-coveted 18-49 audience, and the second half-hour episode improving on its lead-in with 1.7 million total viewers and 865,000 in the ad demo.
This week, Bravo will air the series in its regular time slot of Thursdays at 9:30 p.m.
In the audio bonus below, Kim reveals how long it took during the courtship to know that Kroy was the one.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here