*Lionel Richie will perform tracks from his hit country album “Tuskegee” tonight in a CBS special.
The album finds the R&B and pop veteran reinterpreting some of his biggest songs with help from contemporary country stars, adding a little twang to hits like “Say You, Say Me” and “Dancing on the Ceiling.”
Tonight, some of those same artists — Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts and Kenny Rogers (seen above) among them — reunite with Richie in Las Vegas for “ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends — In Concert,” at 9 p.m.
Aside from the performances, the 2-hour program features “artists’ stories about me and how the songs affected them,” Richie told TVGuide.com. “These are the stories they told me when they walked in the door to record. We left as a group of brand-new old friends. I’m sure Rascal Flatts were a part of the Commodores — I just can’t figure out where their picture is!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Texas Mother of Kids 'Tied Up in Yard Like Dogs' Found in Cali (Watch)
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here