*Lionel Richie will perform tracks from his hit country album “Tuskegee” tonight in a CBS special.
The album finds the R&B and pop veteran reinterpreting some of his biggest songs with help from contemporary country stars, adding a little twang to hits like “Say You, Say Me” and “Dancing on the Ceiling.”
Tonight, some of those same artists — Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts and Kenny Rogers (seen above) among them — reunite with Richie in Las Vegas for “ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends — In Concert,” at 9 p.m.
Aside from the performances, the 2-hour program features “artists’ stories about me and how the songs affected them,” Richie told TVGuide.com. “These are the stories they told me when they walked in the door to record. We left as a group of brand-new old friends. I’m sure Rascal Flatts were a part of the Commodores — I just can’t figure out where their picture is!”
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here