According to co-star Loretta Devine, the new movie may look more like a tribute to the singer, rather than a pick up where we left off kind of thing.
“They’re trying to put together ‘Waiting to Exhale 2,’ but now I think the focus is for it to be a tribute to her, which would be wonderful if we could pull that off,” Loretta told KTTV TV in Los Angeles.
There’s no doubt the movie is still in the works, but how it work out is still in question. The sequel is based on Terry McMillan’s novel, “Getting to Happy.” Whitney’s character Savannah is definitely in the storyline.
“We don’t know if they’ll introduce a new character,” said Loretta, who noted that Exhale co-star Gregory Hines will be missed in the sequel as well. He died years ago; although, his character does appear briefly in the follow-up book.
“It’s like a lot of rewrites that they’ll have to go through. So, I don’t know if it will happen as soon as we thought it would happen,” Devine added.
Miss Devine also spoke about her role on the new Lifetime series “Client List.” Watch:
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here