According to co-star Loretta Devine, the new movie may look more like a tribute to the singer, rather than a pick up where we left off kind of thing.
“They’re trying to put together ‘Waiting to Exhale 2,’ but now I think the focus is for it to be a tribute to her, which would be wonderful if we could pull that off,” Loretta told KTTV TV in Los Angeles.
There’s no doubt the movie is still in the works, but how it work out is still in question. The sequel is based on Terry McMillan’s novel, “Getting to Happy.” Whitney’s character Savannah is definitely in the storyline.
“We don’t know if they’ll introduce a new character,” said Loretta, who noted that Exhale co-star Gregory Hines will be missed in the sequel as well. He died years ago; although, his character does appear briefly in the follow-up book.
“It’s like a lot of rewrites that they’ll have to go through. So, I don’t know if it will happen as soon as we thought it would happen,” Devine added.
Miss Devine also spoke about her role on the new Lifetime series “Client List.” Watch:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here