According to co-star Loretta Devine, the new movie may look more like a tribute to the singer, rather than a pick up where we left off kind of thing.
“They’re trying to put together ‘Waiting to Exhale 2,’ but now I think the focus is for it to be a tribute to her, which would be wonderful if we could pull that off,” Loretta told KTTV TV in Los Angeles.
There’s no doubt the movie is still in the works, but how it work out is still in question. The sequel is based on Terry McMillan’s novel, “Getting to Happy.” Whitney’s character Savannah is definitely in the storyline.
“We don’t know if they’ll introduce a new character,” said Loretta, who noted that Exhale co-star Gregory Hines will be missed in the sequel as well. He died years ago; although, his character does appear briefly in the follow-up book.
“It’s like a lot of rewrites that they’ll have to go through. So, I don’t know if it will happen as soon as we thought it would happen,” Devine added.
Miss Devine also spoke about her role on the new Lifetime series “Client List.” Watch:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here