According to co-star Loretta Devine, the new movie may look more like a tribute to the singer, rather than a pick up where we left off kind of thing.
“They’re trying to put together ‘Waiting to Exhale 2,’ but now I think the focus is for it to be a tribute to her, which would be wonderful if we could pull that off,” Loretta told KTTV TV in Los Angeles.
There’s no doubt the movie is still in the works, but how it work out is still in question. The sequel is based on Terry McMillan’s novel, “Getting to Happy.” Whitney’s character Savannah is definitely in the storyline.
“We don’t know if they’ll introduce a new character,” said Loretta, who noted that Exhale co-star Gregory Hines will be missed in the sequel as well. He died years ago; although, his character does appear briefly in the follow-up book.
“It’s like a lot of rewrites that they’ll have to go through. So, I don’t know if it will happen as soon as we thought it would happen,” Devine added.
Miss Devine also spoke about her role on the new Lifetime series “Client List.” Watch:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here