According to co-star Loretta Devine, the new movie may look more like a tribute to the singer, rather than a pick up where we left off kind of thing.
“They’re trying to put together ‘Waiting to Exhale 2,’ but now I think the focus is for it to be a tribute to her, which would be wonderful if we could pull that off,” Loretta told KTTV TV in Los Angeles.
There’s no doubt the movie is still in the works, but how it work out is still in question. The sequel is based on Terry McMillan’s novel, “Getting to Happy.” Whitney’s character Savannah is definitely in the storyline.
“We don’t know if they’ll introduce a new character,” said Loretta, who noted that Exhale co-star Gregory Hines will be missed in the sequel as well. He died years ago; although, his character does appear briefly in the follow-up book.
“It’s like a lot of rewrites that they’ll have to go through. So, I don’t know if it will happen as soon as we thought it would happen,” Devine added.
Miss Devine also spoke about her role on the new Lifetime series “Client List.” Watch:
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here