*Two days after breaking a sweat on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” Michelle Obama made her second appearance Wednesday on Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report,” and her first as a First Lady.
“The first time you were on my show, you were not the First Lady; now, you are,” host Stephen Colbert told her at the outset of their interview. “That’s called the Colbert Bump.”
Mrs. Obama was there to discuss the one-year anniversary of her Joining Forces initiative.
“Jill Biden and I started this initiative to make sure that this country, which is a grateful nation, that we make sure that we do whatever we can to honor the service of our veterans, our troops and their families,” she told the host. Of course, faux-conservative that he is, Colbert noted that the initiative’s website had a .gov address, which gave him some pause.
“It makes it sound like Big Government. Is there any way we can help the troops in the private sector?” he asked.
“Absolutely. Our motto is everyone can do something. So this isn’t big government,” Obama answered, no doubt aware that, Colbert’s sarcasm aside, federal involvement would give some people pause. “Government has a role to play, but it can’t do everything.”
Watch her entire appearance below.
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here