*Two days after breaking a sweat on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” Michelle Obama made her second appearance Wednesday on Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report,” and her first as a First Lady.
“The first time you were on my show, you were not the First Lady; now, you are,” host Stephen Colbert told her at the outset of their interview. “That’s called the Colbert Bump.”
Mrs. Obama was there to discuss the one-year anniversary of her Joining Forces initiative.
“Jill Biden and I started this initiative to make sure that this country, which is a grateful nation, that we make sure that we do whatever we can to honor the service of our veterans, our troops and their families,” she told the host. Of course, faux-conservative that he is, Colbert noted that the initiative’s website had a .gov address, which gave him some pause.
“It makes it sound like Big Government. Is there any way we can help the troops in the private sector?” he asked.
“Absolutely. Our motto is everyone can do something. So this isn’t big government,” Obama answered, no doubt aware that, Colbert’s sarcasm aside, federal involvement would give some people pause. “Government has a role to play, but it can’t do everything.”
Watch her entire appearance below.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here