*Two days after breaking a sweat on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” Michelle Obama made her second appearance Wednesday on Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report,” and her first as a First Lady.
“The first time you were on my show, you were not the First Lady; now, you are,” host Stephen Colbert told her at the outset of their interview. “That’s called the Colbert Bump.”
Mrs. Obama was there to discuss the one-year anniversary of her Joining Forces initiative.
“Jill Biden and I started this initiative to make sure that this country, which is a grateful nation, that we make sure that we do whatever we can to honor the service of our veterans, our troops and their families,” she told the host. Of course, faux-conservative that he is, Colbert noted that the initiative’s website had a .gov address, which gave him some pause.
“It makes it sound like Big Government. Is there any way we can help the troops in the private sector?” he asked.
“Absolutely. Our motto is everyone can do something. So this isn’t big government,” Obama answered, no doubt aware that, Colbert’s sarcasm aside, federal involvement would give some people pause. “Government has a role to play, but it can’t do everything.”
Watch her entire appearance below.
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here