*A South Texas Pentecostal minister has pleaded guilty to murder in the fatal shooting of his wife a little more than a year ago, says the Associated Press.
Julio Cesar Perez is scheduled to be sentenced on Friday in state district court in Brownsville. The Brownsville Herald reported that, under terms of his plea deal, prosecutors would recommend a 45-year prison sentence for the 42-year-old minister in the death of his 39-year-old wife, Sonia Perez.
The minister had originally been charged with capital murder. He is the last of six men to admit to their roles in a plot to kill the Rio Hondo schoolteacher. The triggerman in the case, Daniel Lopez, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his guilty plea.
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here