*A South Texas Pentecostal minister has pleaded guilty to murder in the fatal shooting of his wife a little more than a year ago, says the Associated Press.
Julio Cesar Perez is scheduled to be sentenced on Friday in state district court in Brownsville. The Brownsville Herald reported that, under terms of his plea deal, prosecutors would recommend a 45-year prison sentence for the 42-year-old minister in the death of his 39-year-old wife, Sonia Perez.
The minister had originally been charged with capital murder. He is the last of six men to admit to their roles in a plot to kill the Rio Hondo schoolteacher. The triggerman in the case, Daniel Lopez, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his guilty plea.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here