*A South Texas Pentecostal minister has pleaded guilty to murder in the fatal shooting of his wife a little more than a year ago, says the Associated Press.
Julio Cesar Perez is scheduled to be sentenced on Friday in state district court in Brownsville. The Brownsville Herald reported that, under terms of his plea deal, prosecutors would recommend a 45-year prison sentence for the 42-year-old minister in the death of his 39-year-old wife, Sonia Perez.
The minister had originally been charged with capital murder. He is the last of six men to admit to their roles in a plot to kill the Rio Hondo schoolteacher. The triggerman in the case, Daniel Lopez, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his guilty plea.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here