*A South Texas Pentecostal minister has pleaded guilty to murder in the fatal shooting of his wife a little more than a year ago, says the Associated Press.
Julio Cesar Perez is scheduled to be sentenced on Friday in state district court in Brownsville. The Brownsville Herald reported that, under terms of his plea deal, prosecutors would recommend a 45-year prison sentence for the 42-year-old minister in the death of his 39-year-old wife, Sonia Perez.
The minister had originally been charged with capital murder. He is the last of six men to admit to their roles in a plot to kill the Rio Hondo schoolteacher. The triggerman in the case, Daniel Lopez, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his guilty plea.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here