*A South Texas Pentecostal minister has pleaded guilty to murder in the fatal shooting of his wife a little more than a year ago, says the Associated Press.
Julio Cesar Perez is scheduled to be sentenced on Friday in state district court in Brownsville. The Brownsville Herald reported that, under terms of his plea deal, prosecutors would recommend a 45-year prison sentence for the 42-year-old minister in the death of his 39-year-old wife, Sonia Perez.
The minister had originally been charged with capital murder. He is the last of six men to admit to their roles in a plot to kill the Rio Hondo schoolteacher. The triggerman in the case, Daniel Lopez, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his guilty plea.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here