The instant hit made it to stores Tuesday and it includes the long awaited duet with now good friend Brandy, “It All Belongs to Me.”
In an exclusive interview with Essence, the singer talked about her special collaborations with various artists including Mary J. bilge and her wonderful marriage to NBA star Shannon Brown.
As far as the music is concerned, the opening track is a phone call between Blige and Monica, revealing an intimate side of their relationship.
“I put the phone conversation with Mary on there so that other people could hear what I’ve heard over the many years of our friendship,” Monica said. “When things have happened in my life, I’ve always called her to seek advice on a lot of different things because I think it’s hard to understand and to know what we feel and go through on a regular basis. But having similar backgrounds, and now the same jobs, I know she’s just a person I can go to for a sincere answer.”
She also revealed that she made a few dedications to her hubby, including song, “Amazing.”
“I did two songs on the album that were strictly about my husband. One is “Amazing,” and “Without You” is the other. I told Jermain Dupree that I wanted the song title “Amazing” because that’s always what I would say when I talk about my husband. I didn’t think certain things were possible. I didn’t think a relationship without turmoil or love, or without heartbreak, were possible. I thought these things came together because that’s the way I experienced them. Of course he’s still a human being, but he’s one that cares in a way that I had not experienced before. He’s truly amazing and that’s where the song came from.”
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here