*Fox hit the ratings jackpot with its new comedy “New Girl,” starring Zooey Deschanel as an awkward teacher with a hot best friend and three male roommates who have grown to tolerate her various quirks and irritating ways.
Lamorne Morris, who plays ex-basketball player Winston, was famously added to the series after Damon Wayans Jr. had to drop out. Without missing a beat, he has become part of the roommate chemistry critics point to as the reason for the show’s success.
And it doesn’t hurt that the Chicago-born actor has already been down the road of his character — but in reverse. Just recently, he was the lone man living with three female roommates.
“I used to talk to them about everything; relationship stuff all the time, and it’s interesting that in this show it’s kind of the same dynamic, where the guys can go to Zooey’s character Jess and just vent, and she’ll always have some sort of feedback,” he tells EURweb.
Asked if any of his roommates were quirky like Jess, Morris explains how one of them was definitely on the verge.
“New Girl” airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on FOX. In this week’s episode (April 10), Lamorne’s Winston get a job at a sports radio station. Watch a clip of his job interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here