*Fox hit the ratings jackpot with its new comedy “New Girl,” starring Zooey Deschanel as an awkward teacher with a hot best friend and three male roommates who have grown to tolerate her various quirks and irritating ways.
Lamorne Morris, who plays ex-basketball player Winston, was famously added to the series after Damon Wayans Jr. had to drop out. Without missing a beat, he has become part of the roommate chemistry critics point to as the reason for the show’s success.
And it doesn’t hurt that the Chicago-born actor has already been down the road of his character — but in reverse. Just recently, he was the lone man living with three female roommates.
“I used to talk to them about everything; relationship stuff all the time, and it’s interesting that in this show it’s kind of the same dynamic, where the guys can go to Zooey’s character Jess and just vent, and she’ll always have some sort of feedback,” he tells EURweb.
Asked if any of his roommates were quirky like Jess, Morris explains how one of them was definitely on the verge.
“New Girl” airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on FOX. In this week’s episode (April 10), Lamorne’s Winston get a job at a sports radio station. Watch a clip of his job interview here.
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here