As we reported, the Crooks, who’s featured on “Basketball Wives,” hauled off and slapped the crap out of Jennifer Williams on a recent episode (taped back in January).
Jennifer of course didn’t particularly appreciate the five finger treatment and took to the cops, who have decided to serve Crooks with a misdemeanor battery charge for her actions, according to a TMZ report.
A rep for the Broward County State’s Attorney’s Office tells us … officials decided to file the charge on April 10 … after Williams filed a criminal complaint.
If convicted, Nia faces up to a year in the slammer, but here’s what Nia’s lawyer, Marc David Seitles, told TMZ:
“We will vigorously defend Nia against these charges. The women on the show executed contracts expressly accepting the risk that a physical altercation could occur.”
The lawyer adds, “Given that Jennifer herself has previously instigated fights on the show, to cry foul now is absurd and a desperate attempt for publicity and money. We will fight until Nia is vindicated.”
During the incident, which aired on last week’s episode of “Basketball Wives” — Nia can be heard threatening to slap Jennifer … to which Jennifer replied, “I wish you would.” Her wish was granted.
Watch the incident below
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here