As we reported, the Crooks, who’s featured on “Basketball Wives,” hauled off and slapped the crap out of Jennifer Williams on a recent episode (taped back in January).
Jennifer of course didn’t particularly appreciate the five finger treatment and took to the cops, who have decided to serve Crooks with a misdemeanor battery charge for her actions, according to a TMZ report.
A rep for the Broward County State’s Attorney’s Office tells us … officials decided to file the charge on April 10 … after Williams filed a criminal complaint.
If convicted, Nia faces up to a year in the slammer, but here’s what Nia’s lawyer, Marc David Seitles, told TMZ:
“We will vigorously defend Nia against these charges. The women on the show executed contracts expressly accepting the risk that a physical altercation could occur.”
The lawyer adds, “Given that Jennifer herself has previously instigated fights on the show, to cry foul now is absurd and a desperate attempt for publicity and money. We will fight until Nia is vindicated.”
During the incident, which aired on last week’s episode of “Basketball Wives” — Nia can be heard threatening to slap Jennifer … to which Jennifer replied, “I wish you would.” Her wish was granted.
Watch the incident below
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here