As we reported, the Crooks, who’s featured on “Basketball Wives,” hauled off and slapped the crap out of Jennifer Williams on a recent episode (taped back in January).
Jennifer of course didn’t particularly appreciate the five finger treatment and took to the cops, who have decided to serve Crooks with a misdemeanor battery charge for her actions, according to a TMZ report.
A rep for the Broward County State’s Attorney’s Office tells us … officials decided to file the charge on April 10 … after Williams filed a criminal complaint.
If convicted, Nia faces up to a year in the slammer, but here’s what Nia’s lawyer, Marc David Seitles, told TMZ:
“We will vigorously defend Nia against these charges. The women on the show executed contracts expressly accepting the risk that a physical altercation could occur.”
The lawyer adds, “Given that Jennifer herself has previously instigated fights on the show, to cry foul now is absurd and a desperate attempt for publicity and money. We will fight until Nia is vindicated.”
During the incident, which aired on last week’s episode of “Basketball Wives” — Nia can be heard threatening to slap Jennifer … to which Jennifer replied, “I wish you would.” Her wish was granted.
Watch the incident below
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here