As we reported, the Crooks, who’s featured on “Basketball Wives,” hauled off and slapped the crap out of Jennifer Williams on a recent episode (taped back in January).
Jennifer of course didn’t particularly appreciate the five finger treatment and took to the cops, who have decided to serve Crooks with a misdemeanor battery charge for her actions, according to a TMZ report.
A rep for the Broward County State’s Attorney’s Office tells us … officials decided to file the charge on April 10 … after Williams filed a criminal complaint.
If convicted, Nia faces up to a year in the slammer, but here’s what Nia’s lawyer, Marc David Seitles, told TMZ:
“We will vigorously defend Nia against these charges. The women on the show executed contracts expressly accepting the risk that a physical altercation could occur.”
The lawyer adds, “Given that Jennifer herself has previously instigated fights on the show, to cry foul now is absurd and a desperate attempt for publicity and money. We will fight until Nia is vindicated.”
During the incident, which aired on last week’s episode of “Basketball Wives” — Nia can be heard threatening to slap Jennifer … to which Jennifer replied, “I wish you would.” Her wish was granted.
Watch the incident below
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here