*Nicki Minaj this week earns her second consecutive No.1 album, as “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” sold 253,000 copies to top the Billboard Albums Chart.
The album unseated last week’s No. 1 album, Madonna’s “MDNA,” which features Minaj in the set’s first single, “Give Me All Your Luvin.” Madonna not only lost the top spot, but she set a record for the biggest fall off in history. “MDNA” sold just 48,000 copies in its second week to fall to No. 8 on the chart. It represented an 87 percent drop in sales, the largest in SoundScan history.
At No. 2 is Adele, who sold 153,000 copies of her sophomore record “21” – a rise of 26 percent for its 59th week in the chart. No.3 belonged to country trio Rascal Flatts, whose album “Changed” sold 130,000 copies.
Minaj is likely to keep her position at the top of the charts next week, as the only new faces will be blues rock veteran Bonnie Raitt and Florence And The Machine’s “Unplugged” album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here