*Nicki Minaj this week earns her second consecutive No.1 album, as “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” sold 253,000 copies to top the Billboard Albums Chart.
The album unseated last week’s No. 1 album, Madonna’s “MDNA,” which features Minaj in the set’s first single, “Give Me All Your Luvin.” Madonna not only lost the top spot, but she set a record for the biggest fall off in history. “MDNA” sold just 48,000 copies in its second week to fall to No. 8 on the chart. It represented an 87 percent drop in sales, the largest in SoundScan history.
At No. 2 is Adele, who sold 153,000 copies of her sophomore record “21” – a rise of 26 percent for its 59th week in the chart. No.3 belonged to country trio Rascal Flatts, whose album “Changed” sold 130,000 copies.
Minaj is likely to keep her position at the top of the charts next week, as the only new faces will be blues rock veteran Bonnie Raitt and Florence And The Machine’s “Unplugged” album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here