*Nicki Minaj this week earns her second consecutive No.1 album, as “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” sold 253,000 copies to top the Billboard Albums Chart.
The album unseated last week’s No. 1 album, Madonna’s “MDNA,” which features Minaj in the set’s first single, “Give Me All Your Luvin.” Madonna not only lost the top spot, but she set a record for the biggest fall off in history. “MDNA” sold just 48,000 copies in its second week to fall to No. 8 on the chart. It represented an 87 percent drop in sales, the largest in SoundScan history.
At No. 2 is Adele, who sold 153,000 copies of her sophomore record “21” – a rise of 26 percent for its 59th week in the chart. No.3 belonged to country trio Rascal Flatts, whose album “Changed” sold 130,000 copies.
Minaj is likely to keep her position at the top of the charts next week, as the only new faces will be blues rock veteran Bonnie Raitt and Florence And The Machine’s “Unplugged” album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here