*As activists gathered in front of the Supreme Court last week to voice support for or opposition to the Affordable Care Act, or “Obamacare,” fellow Christians find themselves on both sides of the debate, says Black Christian News
The rallies kicked off Sunday night with vigils as both sides prayed for opposite outcomes in the cases the Supreme Court would heard over the following three days.
The politically liberal Christians, concerned about access to health care for the less fortunate, prayed for the court to uphold the law. Politically conservative Christians, concerned about the law’s infringement upon individual liberty, asked that the law be struck down.
A supporter of the law, James Winkler, general secretary of the General Board of the Church and Society of the United Methodist Church, emphasized the need for health care reform and access to health insurance in a statement to the Center for American Progress, a liberal advocacy organization.
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here