*Latarsha Rose of “The Hunger Games” and Omari Hardwick are the latest additions to BET’s hourlong pilot “Being Mary Jane” (formerly “Single Black Female”).
As previously reported, Gabrielle Union stars as successful talk show host Mary Jane Paul looking to one day become the No.1 nightly news anchor while searching for Mr. Right.
Rose will play Dr. Lisa Hudson, Mary Jane’s best friend from college, described as a professional yet conflicted single woman whose strong religious values have driven her to a life of celibacy. Hardwick will play Mary Jane’s love interest.
The pilot was written by Mara Brock Akil and will be directed by Salim Akil.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here