*Latarsha Rose of “The Hunger Games” and Omari Hardwick are the latest additions to BET’s hourlong pilot “Being Mary Jane” (formerly “Single Black Female”).
As previously reported, Gabrielle Union stars as successful talk show host Mary Jane Paul looking to one day become the No.1 nightly news anchor while searching for Mr. Right.
Rose will play Dr. Lisa Hudson, Mary Jane’s best friend from college, described as a professional yet conflicted single woman whose strong religious values have driven her to a life of celibacy. Hardwick will play Mary Jane’s love interest.
The pilot was written by Mara Brock Akil and will be directed by Salim Akil.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here