*Latarsha Rose of “The Hunger Games” and Omari Hardwick are the latest additions to BET’s hourlong pilot “Being Mary Jane” (formerly “Single Black Female”).
As previously reported, Gabrielle Union stars as successful talk show host Mary Jane Paul looking to one day become the No.1 nightly news anchor while searching for Mr. Right.
Rose will play Dr. Lisa Hudson, Mary Jane’s best friend from college, described as a professional yet conflicted single woman whose strong religious values have driven her to a life of celibacy. Hardwick will play Mary Jane’s love interest.
The pilot was written by Mara Brock Akil and will be directed by Salim Akil.
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here