*Latarsha Rose of “The Hunger Games” and Omari Hardwick are the latest additions to BET’s hourlong pilot “Being Mary Jane” (formerly “Single Black Female”).
As previously reported, Gabrielle Union stars as successful talk show host Mary Jane Paul looking to one day become the No.1 nightly news anchor while searching for Mr. Right.
Rose will play Dr. Lisa Hudson, Mary Jane’s best friend from college, described as a professional yet conflicted single woman whose strong religious values have driven her to a life of celibacy. Hardwick will play Mary Jane’s love interest.
The pilot was written by Mara Brock Akil and will be directed by Salim Akil.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here