That means colleges and universities are going all out to get the high profile names to give their commencement speeches. One of the highest profile people in the world, Oprah Winfrey, has accepted the invitation to give Spelman College’s 2012 commencement address, according to the Atlantic Journal-Constitution.
The college’s graduation ceremony is set for May 20 at the George International Convention Center. Some 550 students are expected to graduate.
Ms. Winfrey is no stranger to Spelman. She received an honorary degree from the college in 1993 and will be given the National Community Service Award this year.
Meanwhile, another high profile person – First Lady Michelle Obama – has accepted invitations to speak at three graduations: Virginia Tech, North Carolina A&T and Oregon State University, at which her brother coaches men’s basketball.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here