That means colleges and universities are going all out to get the high profile names to give their commencement speeches. One of the highest profile people in the world, Oprah Winfrey, has accepted the invitation to give Spelman College’s 2012 commencement address, according to the Atlantic Journal-Constitution.
The college’s graduation ceremony is set for May 20 at the George International Convention Center. Some 550 students are expected to graduate.
Ms. Winfrey is no stranger to Spelman. She received an honorary degree from the college in 1993 and will be given the National Community Service Award this year.
Meanwhile, another high profile person – First Lady Michelle Obama – has accepted invitations to speak at three graduations: Virginia Tech, North Carolina A&T and Oregon State University, at which her brother coaches men’s basketball.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here