That means colleges and universities are going all out to get the high profile names to give their commencement speeches. One of the highest profile people in the world, Oprah Winfrey, has accepted the invitation to give Spelman College’s 2012 commencement address, according to the Atlantic Journal-Constitution.
The college’s graduation ceremony is set for May 20 at the George International Convention Center. Some 550 students are expected to graduate.
Ms. Winfrey is no stranger to Spelman. She received an honorary degree from the college in 1993 and will be given the National Community Service Award this year.
Meanwhile, another high profile person – First Lady Michelle Obama – has accepted invitations to speak at three graduations: Virginia Tech, North Carolina A&T and Oregon State University, at which her brother coaches men’s basketball.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here