According to reports, “O,” “The Oprah Magazine” is down millions of dollars in advertising sales in comparison to last year.
The Association of Magazine Media reports that ad sale revenue was $48.8 million in 2011. However, this year ad sales are at a low of $34.2 million, which translates to a decrease of 24.1 percent. The magazine’s newsstand sales have also been declining as of late.
According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations, in the second half of 2011 sales declined by a whopping 32 percent, while on average the decline with other major magazines was merely 10 percent.
Could Oprah’s “O” join OWN in laying off personnel and “restructuring?”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here