*The first poster for director Quentin Tarantino “Django Unchained,” which hit the web today, makes no mention of the film’s name or any of its stars.
As previously reported, the ensemble cast includes Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and Kerry Washington. The story revolves around a slave (Foxx) who seeks revenge against the evil plantation owner (DiCaprio) who kidnapped his wife.
“Django Unchained” has previously been described as a “Southern” — which, in Tarantino’s world, is another way of describing the traditional “Spaghetti Western” set in the South. He shot “Django” at the famed Melody Ranch in Santa Clarita, Calif., the same place where “Deadwood” filmed.
Check out the poster below. “Django Unchained” arrives in theaters on Christmas day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here