*The first poster for director Quentin Tarantino “Django Unchained,” which hit the web today, makes no mention of the film’s name or any of its stars.
As previously reported, the ensemble cast includes Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and Kerry Washington. The story revolves around a slave (Foxx) who seeks revenge against the evil plantation owner (DiCaprio) who kidnapped his wife.
“Django Unchained” has previously been described as a “Southern” — which, in Tarantino’s world, is another way of describing the traditional “Spaghetti Western” set in the South. He shot “Django” at the famed Melody Ranch in Santa Clarita, Calif., the same place where “Deadwood” filmed.
Check out the poster below. “Django Unchained” arrives in theaters on Christmas day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here