*Raven-Symone has sat out a series of appearances in Broadway musical Sister Act after coming down with the flu last week.
The actress/singer is starring as aspiring disco diva-turned-nun Deloris Van Cartier, originally played by the show’s producer Whoopi Goldberg in the “Sister Act” films.
An understudy stepped in to fill the 26-year-old’s place for a handful of gigs and the star hopes to be back on stage again by tomorrow (April 10), according to BroadwayWorld.com.
Symone tweeted, “My Bway debut was incredible..disappointed I’ve missed perfs (performances) bc (because) of the flu. My apologies, but I’ll be back in the habit very soon.”
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here