In an interview with Elle magazine for her new movie, “Battleship,” Rihanna basically gave the bird to those who are hating on her for being friends (or more) with her former flame.
“People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that’s all right. I don’t hate them for it,” she told the fashion magazine. In fact, she is not apologizing because “tomorrow I’m still going to be the same person. I’m still going to do what I want to do.”
She went on to share her thoughts about the 2009 incident that covered every magazine and blog with gruesome photos of her swollen, beet red face.
“It gave me guns. I was like, well, f**k,” she said. “They know more about me than I want them to know. It’s embarrassing. But that was my opening. That was my liberation, my moment of ‘bring it.’ I wanted people to know who I am. Whatever they take that to be, good or bad, I just want them to know the truth.”
She even claims to experience more freedom, peace of mind the more the public know about her. It’s as if she has nothing to hide and can be herself at all times.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here