In an interview with Elle magazine for her new movie, “Battleship,” Rihanna basically gave the bird to those who are hating on her for being friends (or more) with her former flame.
“People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that’s all right. I don’t hate them for it,” she told the fashion magazine. In fact, she is not apologizing because “tomorrow I’m still going to be the same person. I’m still going to do what I want to do.”
She went on to share her thoughts about the 2009 incident that covered every magazine and blog with gruesome photos of her swollen, beet red face.
“It gave me guns. I was like, well, f**k,” she said. “They know more about me than I want them to know. It’s embarrassing. But that was my opening. That was my liberation, my moment of ‘bring it.’ I wanted people to know who I am. Whatever they take that to be, good or bad, I just want them to know the truth.”
She even claims to experience more freedom, peace of mind the more the public know about her. It’s as if she has nothing to hide and can be herself at all times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here