In an interview with Elle magazine for her new movie, “Battleship,” Rihanna basically gave the bird to those who are hating on her for being friends (or more) with her former flame.
“People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that’s all right. I don’t hate them for it,” she told the fashion magazine. In fact, she is not apologizing because “tomorrow I’m still going to be the same person. I’m still going to do what I want to do.”
She went on to share her thoughts about the 2009 incident that covered every magazine and blog with gruesome photos of her swollen, beet red face.
“It gave me guns. I was like, well, f**k,” she said. “They know more about me than I want them to know. It’s embarrassing. But that was my opening. That was my liberation, my moment of ‘bring it.’ I wanted people to know who I am. Whatever they take that to be, good or bad, I just want them to know the truth.”
She even claims to experience more freedom, peace of mind the more the public know about her. It’s as if she has nothing to hide and can be herself at all times.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here