*There hasn’t even been an official announcement of a Whitney Houston biopic yet, and already folks are putting it out there that they would love to play the part of the singer.
Days after Robin Thicke suggested his wife Paula Patton would be perfect for the role, Rihanna is now making it known that she wants to be in the running as well.
“That would be something that I would have to give my entire life to do because I would want to really pull it off,” Rihanna told The Press Association. “That’s a huge, huge role and whoever does it has to do a good job.”
Reports surfaced that record label executive Clive Davis was in the early stages of producing a biopic to honor his close friend, but Davis has since denied the rumors. Rihanna was reportedly on the short list of contenders for the role, along with Jennifer Hudson, Vivica Fox and Whitney’s “Sparkle” co-star Jordin Sparks. Brandy was also mentioned in some reports. Yet another report mentioned that Whitney personally wanted actress Meagan Good to play her on film.
For Rihanna, portraying Whitney would also give her the chance to represent her musical inspiration on the big screen.
“My first song that I remember falling in love with was a Whitney Houston song — ‘I Will Always Love You,'” Rihanna said. “It was really inspiring and it made me develop a passion for music, so really she’s partly responsible for me being here in this industry.”
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here