*There hasn’t even been an official announcement of a Whitney Houston biopic yet, and already folks are putting it out there that they would love to play the part of the singer.
Days after Robin Thicke suggested his wife Paula Patton would be perfect for the role, Rihanna is now making it known that she wants to be in the running as well.
“That would be something that I would have to give my entire life to do because I would want to really pull it off,” Rihanna told The Press Association. “That’s a huge, huge role and whoever does it has to do a good job.”
Reports surfaced that record label executive Clive Davis was in the early stages of producing a biopic to honor his close friend, but Davis has since denied the rumors. Rihanna was reportedly on the short list of contenders for the role, along with Jennifer Hudson, Vivica Fox and Whitney’s “Sparkle” co-star Jordin Sparks. Brandy was also mentioned in some reports. Yet another report mentioned that Whitney personally wanted actress Meagan Good to play her on film.
For Rihanna, portraying Whitney would also give her the chance to represent her musical inspiration on the big screen.
“My first song that I remember falling in love with was a Whitney Houston song — ‘I Will Always Love You,'” Rihanna said. “It was really inspiring and it made me develop a passion for music, so really she’s partly responsible for me being here in this industry.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here