*BET founder Robert Johnson is back in the spotlight, with his RLJ Acquisition on Monday announcing that it has agreed to acquire Image Entertainment and Acorn Media Group.
The combined company, to be named RLJ Entertainment, will be “one of the largest independent distributors of digital and video content globally,” the companies said, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“RLJ Entertainment will have a broad strategy for financial growth by providing content to all media platforms, including broadcast and cable, DVD and Blu-Ray, digital downloads, and digital streaming,” said Johnson. Image Entertainment is a leader in the urban, independent film, comedy, and horror genres, and Acorn Media Group…is a dynamic, brand-oriented company that provides engaging British drama, such as the Agatha Christie library, to its target audiences.”
Johnson will serve as executive chairman. Acorn founder Peter Edwards will serve as vice chairman of RLJ Entertainment. Ted Green, chairman and CEO of Image, who will become CEO. The current stockholders of Image and Acorn will own approximately 11 percent and 5 percent of RLJ Entertainment, respectively.
“In a growing demand for global content, RLJ Entertainment will be well positioned by having a presence in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom,” Johnson said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here