*BET founder Robert Johnson is back in the spotlight, with his RLJ Acquisition on Monday announcing that it has agreed to acquire Image Entertainment and Acorn Media Group.
The combined company, to be named RLJ Entertainment, will be “one of the largest independent distributors of digital and video content globally,” the companies said, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“RLJ Entertainment will have a broad strategy for financial growth by providing content to all media platforms, including broadcast and cable, DVD and Blu-Ray, digital downloads, and digital streaming,” said Johnson. Image Entertainment is a leader in the urban, independent film, comedy, and horror genres, and Acorn Media Group…is a dynamic, brand-oriented company that provides engaging British drama, such as the Agatha Christie library, to its target audiences.”
Johnson will serve as executive chairman. Acorn founder Peter Edwards will serve as vice chairman of RLJ Entertainment. Ted Green, chairman and CEO of Image, who will become CEO. The current stockholders of Image and Acorn will own approximately 11 percent and 5 percent of RLJ Entertainment, respectively.
“In a growing demand for global content, RLJ Entertainment will be well positioned by having a presence in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom,” Johnson said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here