*BET founder Robert Johnson is back in the spotlight, with his RLJ Acquisition on Monday announcing that it has agreed to acquire Image Entertainment and Acorn Media Group.
The combined company, to be named RLJ Entertainment, will be “one of the largest independent distributors of digital and video content globally,” the companies said, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“RLJ Entertainment will have a broad strategy for financial growth by providing content to all media platforms, including broadcast and cable, DVD and Blu-Ray, digital downloads, and digital streaming,” said Johnson. Image Entertainment is a leader in the urban, independent film, comedy, and horror genres, and Acorn Media Group…is a dynamic, brand-oriented company that provides engaging British drama, such as the Agatha Christie library, to its target audiences.”
Johnson will serve as executive chairman. Acorn founder Peter Edwards will serve as vice chairman of RLJ Entertainment. Ted Green, chairman and CEO of Image, who will become CEO. The current stockholders of Image and Acorn will own approximately 11 percent and 5 percent of RLJ Entertainment, respectively.
“In a growing demand for global content, RLJ Entertainment will be well positioned by having a presence in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom,” Johnson said.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here