*BET founder Robert Johnson is back in the spotlight, with his RLJ Acquisition on Monday announcing that it has agreed to acquire Image Entertainment and Acorn Media Group.
The combined company, to be named RLJ Entertainment, will be “one of the largest independent distributors of digital and video content globally,” the companies said, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“RLJ Entertainment will have a broad strategy for financial growth by providing content to all media platforms, including broadcast and cable, DVD and Blu-Ray, digital downloads, and digital streaming,” said Johnson. Image Entertainment is a leader in the urban, independent film, comedy, and horror genres, and Acorn Media Group…is a dynamic, brand-oriented company that provides engaging British drama, such as the Agatha Christie library, to its target audiences.”
Johnson will serve as executive chairman. Acorn founder Peter Edwards will serve as vice chairman of RLJ Entertainment. Ted Green, chairman and CEO of Image, who will become CEO. The current stockholders of Image and Acorn will own approximately 11 percent and 5 percent of RLJ Entertainment, respectively.
“In a growing demand for global content, RLJ Entertainment will be well positioned by having a presence in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom,” Johnson said.
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here