*BET founder Robert Johnson is back in the spotlight, with his RLJ Acquisition on Monday announcing that it has agreed to acquire Image Entertainment and Acorn Media Group.
The combined company, to be named RLJ Entertainment, will be “one of the largest independent distributors of digital and video content globally,” the companies said, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“RLJ Entertainment will have a broad strategy for financial growth by providing content to all media platforms, including broadcast and cable, DVD and Blu-Ray, digital downloads, and digital streaming,” said Johnson. Image Entertainment is a leader in the urban, independent film, comedy, and horror genres, and Acorn Media Group…is a dynamic, brand-oriented company that provides engaging British drama, such as the Agatha Christie library, to its target audiences.”
Johnson will serve as executive chairman. Acorn founder Peter Edwards will serve as vice chairman of RLJ Entertainment. Ted Green, chairman and CEO of Image, who will become CEO. The current stockholders of Image and Acorn will own approximately 11 percent and 5 percent of RLJ Entertainment, respectively.
“In a growing demand for global content, RLJ Entertainment will be well positioned by having a presence in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom,” Johnson said.
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here