*At the press conference on Tuesday in which attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig announced that they would no longer counsel George Zimmerman, the pair also said that while the Sanford, Florida man was not returning their calls, he had recently spoken with conservative Fox News host, Sean Hannity.
Hours later, Hannity, who had briefly mentioned the conversation during his shows on Monday, offered more detail of what he called an off-the-record talk with the self-appointed Neighborhood Watch captain.
“I want to set the record straight,” Hannity said on his Fox News program. “For a few weeks we have been pursuing an interview with Mr. Zimmerman to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Now yesterday I was contacted by an individual that we in fact believe was George Zimmerman. He reached out to me, we spoke on the phone about his case, and I agreed not to report on the contents of that conversation. That’s it.”
(Watch video of Zimmerman’s ex-attorneys and Sean Hannity below.)
Hannity had previously spent many segments on his shows discussing the case. He has decried media coverage of the incident and its aftermath, at one point proposing that the incident could possibly have been “a horrible accident.”
“Could this just be, you know, a case where Trayvon was running because he thought he was in jeopardy, […] Is it possible it was just a horrible accident?” Hannity asked during a March broadcast.
Last week, before he spoke with Zimmerman, Hannity hosted Zimmerman’s father for an exclusive interview, allowing him to speak on behalf of his son while silhouetted to protect his identity.
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here