*At the press conference on Tuesday in which attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig announced that they would no longer counsel George Zimmerman, the pair also said that while the Sanford, Florida man was not returning their calls, he had recently spoken with conservative Fox News host, Sean Hannity.
Hours later, Hannity, who had briefly mentioned the conversation during his shows on Monday, offered more detail of what he called an off-the-record talk with the self-appointed Neighborhood Watch captain.
“I want to set the record straight,” Hannity said on his Fox News program. “For a few weeks we have been pursuing an interview with Mr. Zimmerman to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Now yesterday I was contacted by an individual that we in fact believe was George Zimmerman. He reached out to me, we spoke on the phone about his case, and I agreed not to report on the contents of that conversation. That’s it.”
(Watch video of Zimmerman’s ex-attorneys and Sean Hannity below.)
Hannity had previously spent many segments on his shows discussing the case. He has decried media coverage of the incident and its aftermath, at one point proposing that the incident could possibly have been “a horrible accident.”
“Could this just be, you know, a case where Trayvon was running because he thought he was in jeopardy, […] Is it possible it was just a horrible accident?” Hannity asked during a March broadcast.
Last week, before he spoke with Zimmerman, Hannity hosted Zimmerman’s father for an exclusive interview, allowing him to speak on behalf of his son while silhouetted to protect his identity.
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here