*At the press conference on Tuesday in which attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig announced that they would no longer counsel George Zimmerman, the pair also said that while the Sanford, Florida man was not returning their calls, he had recently spoken with conservative Fox News host, Sean Hannity.
Hours later, Hannity, who had briefly mentioned the conversation during his shows on Monday, offered more detail of what he called an off-the-record talk with the self-appointed Neighborhood Watch captain.
“I want to set the record straight,” Hannity said on his Fox News program. “For a few weeks we have been pursuing an interview with Mr. Zimmerman to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Now yesterday I was contacted by an individual that we in fact believe was George Zimmerman. He reached out to me, we spoke on the phone about his case, and I agreed not to report on the contents of that conversation. That’s it.”
(Watch video of Zimmerman’s ex-attorneys and Sean Hannity below.)
Hannity had previously spent many segments on his shows discussing the case. He has decried media coverage of the incident and its aftermath, at one point proposing that the incident could possibly have been “a horrible accident.”
“Could this just be, you know, a case where Trayvon was running because he thought he was in jeopardy, […] Is it possible it was just a horrible accident?” Hannity asked during a March broadcast.
Last week, before he spoke with Zimmerman, Hannity hosted Zimmerman’s father for an exclusive interview, allowing him to speak on behalf of his son while silhouetted to protect his identity.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here