*Sony Pictures and Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment are in early talks to acquire film rights to Allen Zadoff’s novel “Boy Nobody,” with plans to develop it as a starring vehicle for Jaden Smith.
“Boy Nobody” is the first in a planned young adult trilogy about a brainwashed teenage assassin who starts to regain his emotions. Little, Brown will publish the novel next spring.
Sources tell Variety that the studio beat out 20th Century Fox for the project and has begun negotiations, although they caution that no deal has yet closed. Overbrook found the property and brought it to Sony, where it has a first-look deal.
The book’s main character is reminiscent of a teenage Jason Bourne, with Zadoff describing him as a “young soldier trained not to feel; who could function in every situation without fear, sympathy or anger; who could assassinate strangers and then walk away emotionally unscathed.”
Smith, who previously starred in Sony’s “The Karate Kid” reboot” and “The Pursuit of Happyness,” as well as 20th Century Fox’s remake of “The Day the Earth Stood Still.” He’s now filming M. Night Shyamalan’s Sony pic “After Earth” with his father, Will.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here