The film’s trailer was just released, giving fans a little tease for the coming premiere.
But some were disappointed to only find a two-minute clip of the film filled with lots of singing.
To make up for brief preview, Jordin Sparks, who plays the lead role Sparkle, and director of the film, Salim Akil, shared with audiences a few more details, says the Grio.
As of now, the classic title track “Sparkle” is not set to be included in the soundtrack.
“No, not the song ‘Sparkle,’” Sparks said. “Which actually could change, because we’re still working on getting songs on the soundtrack. That could be a possibility.”
Audiences are in for a treat. R. Kelly also was involved with the music. He composed two original songs for the film and they’ve got that reminiscent R&B feeling.
One of the songs, “Celebrate,” is a duet between Whitney Houston and Sparks. Akil describes the song as being upbeat and fun, “It’s just one of those kind of songs. It’s upbeat and they’re trading off like Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley.”
“I actually just heard a cut of it the other day and my jaw was on the floor. For me as a singer growing up listening to her, to be able to do a song with her is incredible. And being her friend, just hearing how she sounded, it was amazing. So I can’t wait for people to hear that. I cannot wait.”
“Sparkle” opens in theaters August 17.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here