The film’s trailer was just released, giving fans a little tease for the coming premiere.
But some were disappointed to only find a two-minute clip of the film filled with lots of singing.
To make up for brief preview, Jordin Sparks, who plays the lead role Sparkle, and director of the film, Salim Akil, shared with audiences a few more details, says the Grio.
As of now, the classic title track “Sparkle” is not set to be included in the soundtrack.
“No, not the song ‘Sparkle,’” Sparks said. “Which actually could change, because we’re still working on getting songs on the soundtrack. That could be a possibility.”
Audiences are in for a treat. R. Kelly also was involved with the music. He composed two original songs for the film and they’ve got that reminiscent R&B feeling.
One of the songs, “Celebrate,” is a duet between Whitney Houston and Sparks. Akil describes the song as being upbeat and fun, “It’s just one of those kind of songs. It’s upbeat and they’re trading off like Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley.”
“I actually just heard a cut of it the other day and my jaw was on the floor. For me as a singer growing up listening to her, to be able to do a song with her is incredible. And being her friend, just hearing how she sounded, it was amazing. So I can’t wait for people to hear that. I cannot wait.”
“Sparkle” opens in theaters August 17.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here