*Cable channel Starz’s has announced it will begin the second season of its original series “Boss” on Friday, August 17, reports Deadline.
The show stars Kelsey Grammer in his Golden Globe-winning role as Chicago Mayor Tom Kane and co-stars Connie Nielsen, Hannah Ware, Jeff Hephner, Kathleen Robertson, Troy Garity and Rotimi.
As previously reported, rapper T.I. will recur next season as Trey, a former gangbanger with designs on a career in City Hall. Additional guest stars include Amy Morton as State Senator Catherine Walsh, who has been defeated in her bid for Governor three times but is now determined to win.
Joining the cast as regulars for season 2 will be Sanaa Lathan, as Alderman Ross’ strong-willed and politically savvy Chief of Staff; and Jonathan Groff (“Glee”) as Ian Todd, a smart and ambitious young advisor to Kane.
Behind the scenes, Dee Johnson has joined as executive producer alongside series creator Farhad Safinia, Kelsey Grammer, Gus Van Sant, Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here