*Cable channel Starz’s has announced it will begin the second season of its original series “Boss” on Friday, August 17, reports Deadline.
The show stars Kelsey Grammer in his Golden Globe-winning role as Chicago Mayor Tom Kane and co-stars Connie Nielsen, Hannah Ware, Jeff Hephner, Kathleen Robertson, Troy Garity and Rotimi.
As previously reported, rapper T.I. will recur next season as Trey, a former gangbanger with designs on a career in City Hall. Additional guest stars include Amy Morton as State Senator Catherine Walsh, who has been defeated in her bid for Governor three times but is now determined to win.
Joining the cast as regulars for season 2 will be Sanaa Lathan, as Alderman Ross’ strong-willed and politically savvy Chief of Staff; and Jonathan Groff (“Glee”) as Ian Todd, a smart and ambitious young advisor to Kane.
Behind the scenes, Dee Johnson has joined as executive producer alongside series creator Farhad Safinia, Kelsey Grammer, Gus Van Sant, Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here