*Cable channel Starz’s has announced it will begin the second season of its original series “Boss” on Friday, August 17, reports Deadline.
The show stars Kelsey Grammer in his Golden Globe-winning role as Chicago Mayor Tom Kane and co-stars Connie Nielsen, Hannah Ware, Jeff Hephner, Kathleen Robertson, Troy Garity and Rotimi.
As previously reported, rapper T.I. will recur next season as Trey, a former gangbanger with designs on a career in City Hall. Additional guest stars include Amy Morton as State Senator Catherine Walsh, who has been defeated in her bid for Governor three times but is now determined to win.
Joining the cast as regulars for season 2 will be Sanaa Lathan, as Alderman Ross’ strong-willed and politically savvy Chief of Staff; and Jonathan Groff (“Glee”) as Ian Todd, a smart and ambitious young advisor to Kane.
Behind the scenes, Dee Johnson has joined as executive producer alongside series creator Farhad Safinia, Kelsey Grammer, Gus Van Sant, Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here