The film is now a featured project of TDJ Enterprises and Independents.
“Stories like ‘Winnie’ and ‘A Million Colours’ are important historically and socially. Collaborations like this offer us a unique ability to provide the global community a window into African culture through the creation of quality content,” said T.D. Jakes. “TDJ Enterprises is excited to work with creative professionals like producer André Pieterse and others to bridge the cultural divide and fuel a freedom of expression that produces dynamic films.”
TDJ will be in charge of the producing aspect of the filmmaking and ensure effective marketing and distribution.
The company has had great success with recent hit films like “jumping the Broom” and the “Woman Thou Art Loosed” franchise.
Since “Winnie” is basically finished, this goes as a sigh of relief for those involved with the film. Now the story can be told and it’s about time.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here