*Usher is following up his run as Billy Flynn in Broadway’s Chicago with two upcoming performances in a show playing Off-Broadway.
The singer will take on the lead role of “Running Man” in the interactive production “Fuerza Bruta” during its opening and closing sequences on April 28, according to Playbill.com. He’ll participate in both the 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. performances for that day. [Watch a trailer for the play below.]
Press notes for the play state: “Breaking free from the confines of spoken language and theatrical convention, Fuerza Bruta is an event where worlds collide and reality takes a back seat. At show time, audiences are ushered onto the main stage where they are engulfed in a 360 degree spectacle featuring mind-blowing visual effects just inches above the audience that must be seen to be believed – a man running full throttle on a giant treadmill, bursting through a series of moving walls; performers suspended in mid-air surrounded by a vast sea of mylar; and gorgeous women twisting ethereally in a lucite pool above the audience.”
Tickets to Fuerza Bruta at the Daryl Roth Theatre, 20 Union Square East (at 15th Street), can be purchased by calling (212) 239-6200 or at the box office. Visit Telecharge.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here