*Usher is following up his run as Billy Flynn in Broadway’s Chicago with two upcoming performances in a show playing Off-Broadway.
The singer will take on the lead role of “Running Man” in the interactive production “Fuerza Bruta” during its opening and closing sequences on April 28, according to Playbill.com. He’ll participate in both the 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. performances for that day. [Watch a trailer for the play below.]
Press notes for the play state: “Breaking free from the confines of spoken language and theatrical convention, Fuerza Bruta is an event where worlds collide and reality takes a back seat. At show time, audiences are ushered onto the main stage where they are engulfed in a 360 degree spectacle featuring mind-blowing visual effects just inches above the audience that must be seen to be believed – a man running full throttle on a giant treadmill, bursting through a series of moving walls; performers suspended in mid-air surrounded by a vast sea of mylar; and gorgeous women twisting ethereally in a lucite pool above the audience.”
Tickets to Fuerza Bruta at the Daryl Roth Theatre, 20 Union Square East (at 15th Street), can be purchased by calling (212) 239-6200 or at the box office. Visit Telecharge.com.
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here