*Usher is following up his run as Billy Flynn in Broadway’s Chicago with two upcoming performances in a show playing Off-Broadway.
The singer will take on the lead role of “Running Man” in the interactive production “Fuerza Bruta” during its opening and closing sequences on April 28, according to Playbill.com. He’ll participate in both the 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. performances for that day. [Watch a trailer for the play below.]
Press notes for the play state: “Breaking free from the confines of spoken language and theatrical convention, Fuerza Bruta is an event where worlds collide and reality takes a back seat. At show time, audiences are ushered onto the main stage where they are engulfed in a 360 degree spectacle featuring mind-blowing visual effects just inches above the audience that must be seen to be believed – a man running full throttle on a giant treadmill, bursting through a series of moving walls; performers suspended in mid-air surrounded by a vast sea of mylar; and gorgeous women twisting ethereally in a lucite pool above the audience.”
Tickets to Fuerza Bruta at the Daryl Roth Theatre, 20 Union Square East (at 15th Street), can be purchased by calling (212) 239-6200 or at the box office. Visit Telecharge.com.
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here