*VH1’s Emmy Award-winning “VH1 Rock Docs” franchise will explore the connection between the violence manifested on the streets during the 1992 Los Angeles riots and the rage expressed in hip hop by NWA, Dr. Dre, Ice T, and Ice Cube among others in “UPRISING: Hip Hop and the L.A. Riots,” premiering Tuesday, May 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Executive produced and narrated by Snoop Dogg and directed by Mark Ford, “UPRISING: Hip Hop and The L.A. Riots” tells the story of the riot and is scored by some of the most iconic hip hop tracks, including NWA’s “F Tha Police” and Body Count’s “Cop Killer.”
With definitive first-hand accounts and exclusive rare footage that was locked away and hasn’t been seen until now, the documentary gives an inside look at the four fiery days that left 53 people dead and over 12,000 arrested.
“UPRISING” is told through the diverse perspective of the rappers, musicians, police officers and victims who lived through the landmark L.A. Riots in April, 1992. Viewers will also witness never-before-heard stories from well -known figures and rappers who were affected by or actual participants in the riots, including: Rodney King, Arsenio Hall, Ice T, Professor Todd Boyd (USC), Connie Rice (Civil Rights attorney), John Singleton, Too Short, KRS-One, Nas, Henry Watson (one of the “LA Four” convicted of beating Reginald Denny) and many more.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here