*VH1’s Emmy Award-winning “VH1 Rock Docs” franchise will explore the connection between the violence manifested on the streets during the 1992 Los Angeles riots and the rage expressed in hip hop by NWA, Dr. Dre, Ice T, and Ice Cube among others in “UPRISING: Hip Hop and the L.A. Riots,” premiering Tuesday, May 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Executive produced and narrated by Snoop Dogg and directed by Mark Ford, “UPRISING: Hip Hop and The L.A. Riots” tells the story of the riot and is scored by some of the most iconic hip hop tracks, including NWA’s “F Tha Police” and Body Count’s “Cop Killer.”
With definitive first-hand accounts and exclusive rare footage that was locked away and hasn’t been seen until now, the documentary gives an inside look at the four fiery days that left 53 people dead and over 12,000 arrested.
“UPRISING” is told through the diverse perspective of the rappers, musicians, police officers and victims who lived through the landmark L.A. Riots in April, 1992. Viewers will also witness never-before-heard stories from well -known figures and rappers who were affected by or actual participants in the riots, including: Rodney King, Arsenio Hall, Ice T, Professor Todd Boyd (USC), Connie Rice (Civil Rights attorney), John Singleton, Too Short, KRS-One, Nas, Henry Watson (one of the “LA Four” convicted of beating Reginald Denny) and many more.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here